Airport Taxi Booth Rate To Kanchanaburi-2nd Post

Bucko

Hello everyone----

This time round I get in late evening---Does anyone know what the going rate is as to the " official taxi booth " --or is it best to take one off the road .

Or can some-one recommend where I can book online--although in my limited experience they seem to charge a lot more .

I will be going to downtown Kanchanaburi --near the Main War Cemetery

Thanks.

Bucko

Hello everyone----

This time round I get in late evening---Does anyone know what the going rate is as to the " official taxi booth " --or is it best to take one off the road .

Or can some-one recommend where I can book online--although in my limited experience they seem to charge a lot more .

I will be going to downtown Kanchanaburi --near the Main War Cemetery

Thanks.

Bucko

http://www.bangkoklimo.org/index.php 2600b.

Hello Bucko

I've paid between 1500-1800 Baht from the taxi stand at the airport in the past.

Had a mixture of good and bad drivers.

One didn't know which way to get out of BKK to get to Kan and an hour was wasted.

Found a realiable taxi man now, Mr.Rabbit. His got a 7 seater but no online booking.

You could try phoning or texting your name, flight number, date and time to 086-554-2832

His speaks enough English to get bye.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...

Yeah, the price should be around 1,500 - 1,700 depending on where in Kan you are going. I did take a limo on one occassion, as I had a lat arriving flight, and needed to get back in comfort. I think that was around 5,000 might of been less.

I'm not sure if any minivans go directly to Kan from the airport - might need to get across to Northern or Southern bus terminal for that - but I'd be interested to kow if there are vans direct to Kan from airport.

Boycie's advice seems a good one