มหาวิทยาลัยรามคำแหง

TheChiefJustice

I have just enrolled to do a law degree at Ramkhamhaeng University. My first subject, which begins this month, is ประวัติศาสตร์กฎหมายไทยและระบบกฎหมายหลัก I have obtained the materials for this subject and it is certainly going to be a wonderful challenge.

Has anyone else enrolled to study law at any of the local universities? I would be most interested to hear from others who may have had a experience.

Warm regards,

CJ

I do not plan on attending classes. My day job simply does not allow for that - hence Ramkhamhaeng.

I went to complete the enrolement this morning and I seemed to have caused a bit of a frenzy at the Law Faculty. They were saying that I needed to take a written Thai examination before my application would be accepted. It was all rather amusing. I questioned them about this requirement and told them that I had passed the Bor 6 exam a few years ago. I showed them the Bor 6 certificate and they went off to chat to someone else. Finally, they decided that I did not need to sit a Thai exam before accepting my enrolement.

I have the course materials for Thai 101 as well. It looks very difficult. I suppose even if I am unable to pass, it is a good experience and is sure to push me to the next level. I have felt for a number of years that my Thai has not been improving and that I needed something to push me along to the next level. Doing a law degree will certainly do the trick.

I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Cheers,

CJ