Registered Address For Alien

I own a condominium and would like to use it to register my company (Limited Corporation). But I was told that the ownership (chanott ti din) alone is not enough. I must have a registered address to have the right to allow the property to be used for a company. Does anyone know the qualifications for an alien to have a registered address in Thailand? I have lived in Thailand for 2 years with work permit, not married. Are there any loop holes? What if I own the property leasehold? Thanks for any information.

Not sure what the problem is.

When I started my company the lawyer's address was used.

Once I bought my house, the company's registered address was

transfered to be the house.

No problem at all.

"But I was told that..."

Who, exactly, told you? The Commercial Regsitration Deparetment will let you register company at virtually any address. It is the Revenue Department that demands documentation concerning the owner of a property certifying that your business is a registered tenant there.

It is entirely possible to register a company at a condominium, if there are no restrictions on such use of property by the governing condo association.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I own a condominium and would like to use it to register my company (Limited Corporation). But I was told that the ownership (chanott ti din) alone is not enough. I must have a registered address to have the right to allow the property to be used for a company. Does anyone know the qualifications for an alien to have a registered address in Thailand? I have lived in Thailand for 2 years with work permit, not married. Are there any loop holes? What if I own the property leasehold? Thanks for any information.

Steve is correct.

If you are looking to get a work permit though. You'll need to get a VAT cert.

Document required for the registering of VAT for a company

1. Copy of company registration document of the landlord’s company.

( สำเนาหนังสือรับรองของบริษัทที่ยินยอมให้ใช้สถานที่)

2. Copy of letter of power attorney in the event that the landlord gave power of attorney to the other people to sign any documents from 13.1-13.7

( สำเนาหนังสือมอบอำนาจ (กรณีกรรมการของบริษัทเจ้าของสถานที่มอบอำนาจ)

3. Copy of Housing Registration and I.D. of directors.

( สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านและสำเนาบัตรประชาชนกรรมการ)

4. Copy of Housing Registration and I.D.of landlord.

(สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านและสำเนาบัตรประชาชนเจ้าของสถานที่)

5. Copy of Housing registration and I.D. of person who receive Power of Attorney from the landlord.

( สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน และสำเนาบัตรประชาชนผู้รับมอบอำนาจ)

6. Housing Registration and of the building used as company’s address.

( สำเนาสัญญาขายที่ดิน)

7. Location map of the company.

( สำเนาแผนที่สถานที่)

8. Two photographs or computer print out photographs of the company with a prominent readable company’s name posted on the wall or company’s door. The signage can be a computer prints out on paper.

( รูปถ่ายสถานที่ทำการซึ่งมีป้ายชื่อบริษัทติดอยู่ 2 รูป )

9. In case if the company owns the building that it uses to register company. Please provide a Sales Agreement of the building.

( ในกรณีที่ตึกที่เช่าอยู่เป็นบริษัทให้ขอสัญญาการเช่าจากเจ้าของตึก)

By the way, the Condominium Building issues the housing registration for your room/condo.

The signage is important as the Thai government will come around to your condo. They will want to see the sign of the company on the door.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Thanks for all the answers. Yes the problem occurs when I want to apply for VAT for the company. I think my trouble is the following:

3. Copy of Housing Registration and I.D. of directors.

( สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านและสำเนาบัตรประชาชนกรรมการ)

4. Copy of Housing Registration and I.D.of landlord.

(สำเนาทะเบียนบ้านและสำเนาบัตรประชาชนเจ้าของสถานที่)

I am the owner of the condo and a director of the company, but I don’t have housing registration in Thailand (I only have chanott ti din that shows I’m the owner of the condo). Every Thai citizen has a registered address. But for aliens it seems the Immigration Department needs to review the status of the alien to decide whether to issue a house registration or not. What are qualifications normally?

BTW, what are the advantages and disadvantages of applying for VAT? I just started my company. What will happen if at some point in the future the revenue exceeds 1.2 million baht but I don’t’ have VAT registered?

Sorry, so many questions are coming to my mind again :o

How about a private house instead of a condo?

And the condo or the house is most probably not used exclusively for the company: Is a separate room as office required? Or is a computer desk or a nice table in a corner of a room enough?

Or is it just that there has to be a sign at the door?

And if a company (incl. VAT) is registered already, can the address get changed easily to a condo / house? Will they come again and check for a sign, or a separate office, or ...?

Thanks!

But for aliens it seems the Immigration Department needs to review the status of the alien to decide whether to issue a house registration or not. What are qualifications normally?
Only foreigners( with no Thai father or mother) who have been granted permanent residence by the executive committee of the Ministry of the Interior may have their name registered on a tabien baan.( House registration)

Applications are considered once a year and only foreigners who have had a one-year residence visa for at least three consecutive years may apply.

BTW, what are the advantages and disadvantages of applying for VAT? I just started my company. What will happen if at some point in the future the revenue exceeds 1.2 million baht but I don’t’ have VAT registered?

In most all cases, in order to get a work permit, the corporation must be in the VAT system. Even if you have not sold one baht.

If you are working without a work permit and only having a tourist visa. You are looking at being blacklisted and deported. If it’s on a non immigrant visa, you are looking at deportation and a fine.

If your sales go over 1,200,000 and you do not file for VAT, you could be fined.

How about a private house instead of a condo?
Same conditions apply for Vat
And the condo or the house is most probably not used exclusively for the company: Is a separate room as office required? Or is a computer desk or a nice table in a corner of a room enough?

Only the sign on the door for the VAT. If you have an extension of stay permit based on business... they will want to see a minimum of 4 Thais there with work space.

And if a company (incl. VAT) is registered already, can the address get changed easily to a condo / house? Will they come again and check for a sign, or a separate office, or ...?

Can be changed easily. They will come and check the new location.

www.sunbeltasia.com