Which Bar Is This

Hi Samui peeps,

Please help with naming the bar that is for sale as I may be interested in buying it but I would like to know which one it is first.I have put the details below and if any of you people can help and I do buy it then I will buy you a round or 2 as a thankyou.

Cheers

Skakeydave :o

Owner relocation forces the sale of this Koh Samui Bar. Located in the busy nightlife area of Lamai Beach, the bar has been run successfully since 2006, and profits from having one of the most interesting locations in the area. Measuring 140 square metres, the bar contains two pool tables, a large screen TV, a smaller TV, a top range JBL sound system and seating for 45 customers.

Sounds like a sunbely asia blulhsit ad

:D

And that is fact is it?? So by your logic no bars are for sale in Lamai or in Samui,Thank you for your input to a sensible question.

Shakeydave

:o

I think he might be implying that the ad glosses over the likely reality that the bar won't look anything like what you might picture it after reading that description.

And that is fact is it?? So by your logic no bars are for sale in Lamai or in Samui,Thank you for your input to a sensible question.

Shakeydave

I think he might be implying that the ad glosses over the likely reality that the bar won't look anything like what you might picture it after reading that description.

:D Hi Koeesti

I understand where you are coming from and also that most estate agents neglect to tell you the finer details, I know Samui quite well and I have enjoyed Lamai quite a few times and prefer it to Chaweng and there is one bar that I would love to buy and I was wondering if it was the same bar.Lets face it no bar in Lamai is exactly cocktail standard and most are pretty grim but there are a few that would be worth spending a few quid buying.

Thanks for the reply.

Shakeydave

Hi Samui peeps,

Please help with naming the bar that is for sale as I may be interested in buying it but I would like to know which one it is first.I have put the details below and if any of you people can help and I do buy it then I will buy you a round or 2 as a thankyou.

Cheers

Owner relocation forces the sale of this Koh Samui Bar. Located in the busy nightlife area of Lamai Beach, the bar has been run successfully since 2006, and profits from having one of the most interesting locations in the area. Measuring 140 square metres, the bar contains two pool tables, a large screen TV, a smaller TV, a top range JBL sound system and seating for 45 customers.

That's the part that confirms it as BS Shakey.. :D

BUT.......................Saying that, there is one Bar that makes a profit in Lamai & this description does fit that Bar that i'm thinking of..

Bart ??

it sounds like sunbelt, so if it is from them , ask them the name :D , they will ask you to sign an agreement, but at least you will find out...

I just come back from 5 days there, and to be honest lamai was dead!!!, even the famous NaNa bar is shut!, 3 years ago this place was racking in 40 - 50 K a night, but now... nothing :o

I understand where you are coming from and also that most estate agents neglect to tell you the finer details, I know Samui quite well and I have enjoyed Lamai quite a few times and prefer it to Chaweng and there is one bar that I would love to buy and I was wondering if it was the same bar.Lets face it no bar in Lamai is exactly cocktail standard and most are pretty grim but there are a few that would be worth spending a few quid buying.

Thanks for the reply.

Shakeydave

It might be when the price is higher then 20 million baht. If it is around 1 million or less it is probably not worth looking at it as these bars are for sale every year.

Thanks everyone and to those who sent PM's, I think I know which bar it is now " Apocolypse Bar", I know this has been closed for a while now due to the owner being ripped off by some local girl and given it's location I think I will give it a miss.

Laters

Shakeydave

If I remember correctly the sunbelt ad was asking 1.9 million, so it certainly isn't the apocalypse bar. The Apocalypse Bar doesn't have 2 pool tables, a large screen tv, seating for 45 customers or 140 square meters, but it is probably as accurately represented as any of the other bars.

Also, I believe, the bar is closed not because of the owner getting ripped-off but due more to a lack of customers

nah, not my bar, (Apocalypse Bar).

no way i could write such a truthful ad that well,

i wonder what is "a most interesting location"

nah, i wasn't stupid enough to get ripped off by a thai girl,

yes a cashier i left in charge cost me a few baht to fix the mess when i returned,

a nuisance but fully expected.

the big fella Darcy, you might see there is a mate taking care of the bar, not my handsome self,

so there may be some confusion about what girl is doing what to whom.

yes, still for sale.

cheers and prayers for 2 more airports and 500 baht fares!

Shakeydave

Owner relocation forces the sale of this Koh Samui Bar. Located in the busy nightlife area of Lamai Beach, the bar has been run successfully since 2006, and profits from having one of the most interesting locations in the area. Measuring 140 square metres, the bar contains two pool tables, a large screen TV, a smaller TV, a top range JBL sound system and seating for 45 customers. There is a long lease contract in place, running until 2011; rent is considered reasonable for the location and size of the bar and is payable at a rate of just 10,000 baht per month. In the last financial year net profits of around 500,000 baht were earned from receipts of approximately 1,600,000 baht. The sale includes a registered 2,000,000 baht company providing a work permit, and staff accommodation consisting of three bedrooms and two bathrooms. All necessary licenses have been acquired, and there are four full time employees on the payroll, which totals 14,000 baht per month. (BKK13351)

Total Investment to Own: 1.9 million baht.

LOOKS LIKE I WAS RIGHT, PLEASE INFORM US WHICH BAR IT WAS

nah, not my bar, (Apocalypse Bar).

no way i could write such a truthful ad that well,

i wonder what is "a most interesting location"

nah, i wasn't stupid enough to get ripped off by a thai girl,

yes a cashier i left in charge cost me a few baht to fix the mess when i returned,

a nuisance but fully expected.

the big fella Darcy, you might see there is a mate taking care of the bar, not my handsome self,

so there may be some confusion about what girl is doing what to whom.

yes, still for sale.

cheers and prayers for 2 more airports and 500 baht fares!

Hi Mark :D

I stand corrected regarding thinking it was your bar, I was in Lamai in April for New Year and I told my brother your bar was for sale back then but it was shut so we couldn't check it out so now I will go back and find out which one it was and as another poster said let you know.Thanks for the pm Mark and I will get back to you shortly after I have been over to Samui in the next couple of weeks.

Again Thanks to all who replied.

Shakeydave

Hi Samui peeps,

Cheers

this sounds like "the dolls house " conntact @ thedollshouselamai.co.uk

Shakeydave

Owner relocation forces the sale of this Koh Samui Bar. Located in the busy nightlife area of Lamai Beach, the bar has been run successfully since 2006, and profits from having one of the most interesting locations in the area. Measuring 140 square metres, the bar contains two pool tables, a large screen TV, a smaller TV, a top range JBL sound system and seating for 45 customers. There is a long lease contract in place, running until 2011; rent is considered reasonable for the location and size of the bar and is payable at a rate of just 10,000 baht per month. In the last financial year net profits of around 500,000 baht were earned from receipts of approximately 1,600,000 baht. The sale includes a registered 2,000,000 baht company providing a work permit, and staff accommodation consisting of three bedrooms and two bathrooms. All necessary licenses have been acquired, and there are four full time employees on the payroll, which totals 14,000 baht per month. (BKK13351)

Total Investment to Own: 1.9 million baht.

LOOKS LIKE I WAS RIGHT, PLEASE INFORM US WHICH BAR IT WAS

Investment 1,9 mill. until start 2011 (about 30 months) = more than 60.000 THB per month

A good investment, :D

name='dave123pz' post='2027404' date='2008-06-11 02:34:06']

Hi Samui peeps,

Cheers

this sounds like "the dolls house "

Investment 1,9 mill. until start 2011 (about 30 months) = more than 60.000 THB per month

A good investment, :o

So one is going to need to clear about 4000baht a night to cover expenses and break even. Can't be done. Went past there 'bout 11pm tonight, there was only one person in there. Persumably the cashier, I didn't look too closely. People really should do the maths before renting a bar, the only people making money here are the landlords

So one is going to need to clear about 4000baht a night to cover expenses and break even. Can't be done. Went past there 'bout 11pm tonight, there was only one person in there. Persumably the cashier, I didn't look too closely. People really should do the maths before renting a bar, the only people making money here are the landlords

i second that, the only person along that road making any money is the Landlord that owns all the units!, most of those bars are not even pushing 2000 THB a night :o

i second that, the only person along that road making any money is the Landlord that owns all the units!, most of those bars are not even pushing 2000 THB a night :o

doing the maths add says turnover of 1.6m that works out at 4383 per day every body knows may june quite seasonso they must be busy the rest of the year

doing the maths add says turnover of 1.6m that works out at 4383 per day every body knows may june quite seasonso they must be busy the rest of the year

but then you also have to take to account that you have to pay for the stock, rent, water, electric, wages, girls accomodation, girls food........... so after, if you where taking 4383, you would only be left with 1500 odd THB :D

But saying that, most bars along that strip for the last 3 months have been no where near making that.

but then you also have to take to account that you have to pay for the stock, rent, water, electric, wages, girls accomodation, girls food........... so after, if you where taking 4383, you would only be left with 1500 odd THB :D

But saying that, most bars along that strip for the last 3 months have been no where near making that.

always like a good debate - i know most of the bars on that road like the dolls house they have accomadation above i know that even some of the bar owners live above or behind their bars and even if you were left with only 1500 odd THB that adds up to 547500 and the advert states profit in the region of 500000 no one thinks it would be easy but the numbers in the advert seem to add up we all know that you make most of the money in the short high season and the last three months since songram are always the slowest months