Fight In Soi Green Mango..

people get drunk, fights happen, same in any nightlife area, don't think anyone was seriously injured........

don't think it involved weapons from what I heard.

unless anyone has any more info?

I got 2 nasty kickings myself down there at the end of last year. Mainly my own fault because I was far too drunk and stayed too late - after 2am it's very dodgy, I don't go there since my nose got broken rather messily! And of course security do nothing. Thanks to the western guy who helped me away and down to the beach road.

Saw a tall blonde western guy in Tescos with a serious bandage/black eye on Sunday, possibly a victim. In fact I see this quite regularly around samui - almost as common as fallen off motorbike scars on legs.

Edited by danw

from what i heard from a participant the girls from one of the other bars in SGM went to sort out a few freelancers in Sweet and Soul and it all got a bit nasty and turned into a free for all. handbag theft apparantly was the reason.

basically it was Thai versus Thai

Edited by NALAK

Would it be a good idea to post when nothing serious disturbing has happened in SGM in the weekends?

& how would you know Jean, when was the last time you was down there " on th p*ss " ??? :o

oh funny msingh. I dont know you or Jean but your post made me laugh.

ive done soi mango for the last 7yrs and only seen 3 fights. one group were mates from my home town , the other my thai mate gettting the shit kicked out of him in mango by a falang and the third was when i launched at my thai boyfriend lol... he deserved it :D

Would it be a good idea to post when nothing serious disturbing has happened in SGM in the weekends?

& how would you know Jean, when was the last time you was down there " on th p*ss " ??? :o

oh funny msingh. I dont know you or Jean but your post made me laugh.

ive done soi mango for the last 7yrs and only seen 3 fights. one group were mates from my home town , the other my thai mate gettting the shit kicked out of him in mango by a falang and the third was when i launched at my thai boyfriend lol... he deserved it :D

I was only joking & hope Jean sees that with the :D

I haven't really seen that many down there really, certainly not as Jean & others made it sound like anyway..

it's definitely a "classy place" to get into trouble!

some time ago:

reggae pub, before it burned down.. near the waterfall - lots of customers... a group of Thais drink with Caucasian girls, they all except 1 go dancing... one guy returns and shoots him point blank in the head... gets away walking swiftly through the ENTIRE pub!

in the green mango a guy on the dance floor shot - point blank - nothing - the assailant got away - the "guards" had a "break"...

soi green mango, near five star pub, a guy got shot point blank, emptied barrel - nothing - assailant gets away... coppers arrive 10 minutes later with an "ambulance" and a stretcher!

these stories continue ever since....

Avoid certain places and be home not much after 00:00 hrs and you be fine!

it's definitely a "classy place" to get into trouble!

some time ago:

reggae pub, before it burned down.. near the waterfall - lots of customers... a group of Thais drink with Caucasian girls, they all except 1 go dancing... one guy returns and shoots him point blank in the head... gets away walking swiftly through the ENTIRE pub!

in the green mango a guy on the dance floor shot - point blank - nothing - the assailant got away - the "guards" had a "break"...

soi green mango, near five star pub, a guy got shot point blank, emptied barrel - nothing - assailant gets away... coppers arrive 10 minutes later with an "ambulance" and a stretcher!

these stories continue ever since....

Avoid certain places and be home not much after 00:00 hrs and you be fine!

Like the whole of Thailand then because it certainly isn't unique to just Samui ?? :o

I heard that there was a very serious disturbance in SGM on Saturday night/Sunday morning, anyone know what happened ??

you should change the topic to fight EVERY saturday night in green mango. you can watch it proffionally in lamui bar stadium.

maybe they should make a bar in green mango with a boxing ring for pissed up people that want to have a scrap they could get tip money from it aswell.

Maybe I'm just feeling grumpy this morning but I'm sick & tired of all the "it's happens everywhere" remarks. Everyone knows that already. If they don't then they are more than just a little naive. It just sounds like someone being overly defensive or sensitive to any story that might cast a dark cloud over the fantasy image they have in their heads about where they live. This is a forum about Thailand - good, bad & they ugly.

Well, I may have been grumpy but I'm feeling better now.