Nevada Hotel - Ubon

Patriot

Just for your information, the former Nevada hotel in Ubon has been renamed the Ubon International Hotel (tel: 045 280 999)

The new Nevada is now encorporated in the Nevada complex.

Having booked with the "Nevada" recently we arrived on a rainy night to realise this having not been advised by the reservation staff. Luckily the U I Hotel found us a good room

I never really like the Nevada that much but in fairness it has been some years now since staying there and maybe they have improved food and rooms. They have rcently gone through a name change also from Nevada to now called The Ubon International Hotel. Don't know if much has changed other than the name but they are situated close to most activities in the City. On my last couple of trips when family have stayed with us in Ubon they preferred Lai Thong or Tohsang hotels which offered better food.

As I've said before...........and I'll most gladly repeat it......... Nevada Grand Hotel, now called Ubon International Hotel, is my first choice.

Since I live in Ubon (province) and not only visit for shorter periods, I occasionally try most hotels just to satisfy my curiosity. (and short memory) :D

Laithong, Tohsang and Ubonburi are all a bit off centre with not many things to do nearby.

Nevada Grand - now called Ubon International has Ubon's biggest disco/nightclub The Rock in the basement, and a good sized swimmingpool on 5th floor. In addition there are 2 places with live music, Starbucks and Black Canyon Coffee, a cinema comlex, Nevada Inn Motel, Chester's Grill, Sp Restaurant, food court, snooker hall, internet and more within 100 meters. :o

A large room is 1000 baht, and a double size suite is 2000 baht, and the staff are always friendly. (well at least to me :D )

Tokyo, Montana, and other centrally located mid range hotels are ok within their price range, but offer far less opportunities. In the end it's all up to what each individual wants.

And no............I have no shares in UI.............though I wish I did. :D

• 3 weeks later...
As I've said before...........and I'll most gladly repeat it......... Nevada Grand Hotel, now called Ubon International Hotel, is my first choice.

Since I live in Ubon (province) and not only visit for shorter periods, I occasionally try most hotels just to satisfy my curiosity. (and short memory) :D

Laithong, Tohsang and Ubonburi are all a bit off centre with not many things to do nearby.

Nevada Grand - now called Ubon International has Ubon's biggest disco/nightclub The Rock in the basement, and a good sized swimmingpool on 5th floor. In addition there are 2 places with live music, Starbucks and Black Canyon Coffee, a cinema comlex, Nevada Inn Motel, Chester's Grill, Sp Restaurant, food court, snooker hall, internet and more within 100 meters. :o

A large room is 1000 baht, and a double size suite is 2000 baht, and the staff are always friendly. (well at least to me :D )

Tokyo, Montana, and other centrally located mid range hotels are ok within their price range, but offer far less opportunities. In the end it's all up to what each individual wants.

Just looked at the website today as I am considering a trip to Ubon and the rates appear to have gone up.. Standard room now 2000 baht, deluxe 3000 and suite 4000. I guess they have to pay for the new signage somehow!

The price increase will be for the month of July only incorporarting Kao Pansa celebrations, next month the rates will return to normal

Sounds like I'd better leave my trip till next month!

Just looked at the website today as I am considering a trip to Ubon and the rates appear to have gone up.. Standard room now 2000 baht, deluxe 3000 and suite 4000. I guess they have to pay for the new signage somehow!

Never mind the web site......... :D

I stayed there yesterday and the prices are still:

1000 B for standard room

1500 B for de luxe room with balcony/direct acces to swimming pool

2000 B for suite room :D

1000 B for standard room

2000 B for suite room :D

Glad to hear it, looks like quite a decent place, maybe the web rates are special offers for gullible tourists - like me :D !

Have your ear-plugs at the ready for breakfast, if there is a large group or coach party the management play loud western music in the restaurant to drive them out before they can get settled and trough all the buffet ..... quite hilarious !!!!!

Wow.. good to know the Nevada Hotel is a good one to stay. In April (Song-Kran festival) myself and my 6 Farang mates will be there and will stay in UI hotel. I'm Thai (42) and was born in Ubon but have been living in London for 15 years. I forgot where's where in Ubon. My family lives there and I go back there every year.

Interesting development. I e-mailed Ubon International a couple of days ago to confirm availability of a room, and the price for my stay, (1000 Baht/night) and received a response not from the hotel but from a Tommy Hanma who confirmed a booking for me and asked that a deposit of 50% to be sent to a Bangkok Bank account in the name of Nevada Co Ltd.

As I was a little concerned with the use of the old name and no reference to the Hotel in the e-mail address I called the UI and was told that they had no booking for me and when I mentioned the e-mail, that they had no facility currently for making internet bookings.

Sounds like it might be a scam, although I suppose it might just be a misunderstanding. The receptionist on the phone however, made my reservation straight away and did not ask for any deposit, only a contact telephone number.

• 1 month later...
Have your ear-plugs at the ready for breakfast, if there is a large group or coach party the management play loud western music in the restaurant to drive them out before they can get settled and trough all the buffet ..... quite hilarious !!!!!

Well at least they aren't burning chillies which is what the cook at the Tai Son Geet used to do at 3am to clear out all the hippies who were sitting there still.

1000 B for standard room

2000 B for suite room :(

Glad to hear it, looks like quite a decent place, maybe the web rates are special offers for gullible tourists - like me :D !

Stayed there many times. Good value for money but some of the rooms could do with a face lift !!! Great location, lots of facilities, good for kids and oldies alike and I think the other mentioned Ubon hotels are now where near the value for money the Nevada...oops the Ubon International...provides

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ubon International Hotel (formerly Nevada Grand) might have the best location in Ubon. If you want western food you will find it all in the complex. Chesters Grill, S&P Bakery, Black Canyon and Starbucks. For entertainment there is The Rock Disco, Karaoke, Theater, DNA Pub, Friends Bar (formerly Zodiac Pub but now only DJ). Tommy has left UI and returned to Pataya.

IMHO the published room rates are not justified. For that rate you would be better offer going to Sunee Grand hotel http://www.suneegrandhotel.com and get a new superior room for 1500TB. However at the UI website the English gives one rate but if you look at the Thai version of rates page, at the bottom in Thai the red print states, "40% discount if book in advance except during high season. If you want to be in the action and conveniet to certain places it is good.

A lot has been invested in the complex, however the hotel itself needs some maintenance, upgrading and even rennovation.

• 8 months later...
Ubon International Hotel (formerly Nevada Grand) might have the best location in Ubon. If you want western food you will find it all in the complex. Chesters Grill, S&P Bakery, Black Canyon and Starbucks. For entertainment there is The Rock Disco, Karaoke, Theater, DNA Pub, Friends Bar (formerly Zodiac Pub but now only DJ). Tommy has left UI and returned to Pataya.

IMHO the published room rates are not justified. For that rate you would be better offer going to Sunee Grand hotel http://www.suneegrandhotel.com and get a new superior room for 1500TB. However at the UI website the English gives one rate but if you look at the Thai version of rates page, at the bottom in Thai the red print states, "40% discount if book in advance except during high season. If you want to be in the action and conveniet to certain places it is good.

A lot has been invested in the complex, however the hotel itself needs some maintenance, upgrading and even rennovation.

My Wife, 2 Daughters and I are planning to spend 2 days in Ubon in mid October We're going to the village near Sisaket where my wife grew up and the oldests daughter lived until age 3 for a day and also visit family in a cluster of homes South of Det Udom. Our plan is to rent 3 or 4 rooms at either the Sunee Grand or Ubon International and have Family members stay with us in the evenings and overnight. The water park at Sunee looks great for the kids as does the entertainment complex at the Ubon International. Are the 2 within walking distance of each other? Whenever we're in Thailand we WALK Walk and Walk some more. Last trip to Ubon we stayed at the Tohsang and loved the Hotel but didn't like the isolated feel of it. My wifes family has never really experienced city sites. so this would be a big treat for them and a Tawan Daeng club or place to have a drink listening to ISSAN music or singers would be up my alley. Any recomendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Yes the Sunee Hotel and complex is completed, its has shopping, 10 pin bowling and a waterpark Tawan Dang is on the ring road close to the Big C. But thats a long walk from the Sunee Grand. Also there are resturant bars behind the big C that play Issan music but I am not sure how family friendly. You might try around the lake as well, the have resturaunt that have house bands but most only serve Issan food.

Edited by waza

Yes the Sunee Hotel and complex is completed, its has shopping, 10 pin bowling and a waterpark Tawan Dang is on the ring road close to the Big C. But thats a long walk from the Sunee Grand. Also there are resturant bars behind the big C that play Issan music but I am not sure how family friendly. You might try around the lake as well, the have resturaunt that have house bands but most only serve Issan food.

One of the newer restaurants by the lake has a fish spa, where you sit with your feet in a tank of Piranhas - well, small fish - which nibble the dead skin of your feet in quite a pleasant way.

One of the newer restaurants by the lake has a fish spa, where you sit with your feet in a tank of Piranhas - well, small fish - which nibble the dead skin of your feet in quite a pleasant way.

Yes nice place, nice owner but average steak.