Super Cubs

Hi :o

30k is WAY too much for a Super Cub. I love those as well, the only 4-stroke i would ever consider (apart from maybe a Dream).

I have seen them for sale in little "somchai" shops in Chiang Mai (outskirts) for anywhere between 5k (no papers, poor condition but driveable) to 20k (showroom condition).

But i don't think they are available at all in 90cc.... usually 70 (which is bad for me because i personally prefer the 50cc variant).

Take a drive around town, back streets and small sois, usually you find any number of little motorbike repair shops that also sell second-hand bikes, and anywhere you see a couple of Cubs parked you'll be able to buy one cheaply. Just make sure that you are "looking for a cheap, old bike" and not for "a rare classic" - the difference is 5k on the same bike (i was looking at one for "15k" while next day my (Thai) boyfriend was offered the same "ideal for beginners" for 10k). Didn't buy it because it, too, had no book/plate... but top condition.

Best regards......

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

Another thing about Cubs. If you go to the Saturday night market just by Ladprao subway station in Bangkok, you will find loads of stalls selling new cub spares. Seems like Thailand supplies the world with cub spares too; check it out on ebay.