Company Helps Foreigners Obtain Housing Loan

Hello everyone.A while ago I saw an advertisement for a company which assists foreigners to find housing loans.The company supposedly deals with several banks and then advises customers which has best rates and conditions and such.However,I lost advertisement and now I don't remember name of company.Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

The Bank of Thailand offers the service already- the foreign citizens mortgage and lending department is run by a lady named Helen Waite.

I think all of the other banks and finance companies punt to her in these situations, so the company referred to in the OP would probably just collect a huge applicaton fee, then tell you to go to Helen Waite.

I'd suggest that you save any third party fees; forget about all of the banks and agencies and go to Helen Waite on your own instead.

Edited by bino

Hello everyone.A while ago I saw an advertisement for a company which assists foreigners to find housing loans.The company supposedly deals with several banks and then advises customers which has best rates and conditions and such.However,I lost advertisement and now I don't remember name of company.Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Hello,

i read somewhere ... it was possible with Tisco bank and with UOB loan for 10 years maximum.

Good luck.

I believe that would be a gold mine for a company to setup some loans and mortgage for foreigners in Thailand...

i feel i new buisness idea here.. :o

Do you need to be regulated to be a mortgage advisor in Thailand?, or will a note from Somchai be ok :D

FYI

Bangkok Bank website says:

Can foreigners apply for a home loan to purchase property in Thailand?

Bangkok Bank provides home loans to non-residents that can be used to purchase freehold condominium or apartment properties without a title deed.

Our team understands the regulatory requirements that apply and can help you with advice and finance for your property purchase.

The loans are provided via our Singapore and Hong Kong branches, but you can also inquire about them at a number of branches in Bangkok.

and:

As a foreigner, can I get a home loan through my spouse who is a resident of Thailand?

If your spouse is a resident of Thailand but does not have sufficient funds for a home loan, you can be the guarantor on the loan. However, as a guarantor your name will not appear on the title deed of the house but you will be liable if repayments are not made.

Burgernev

I believe that would be a gold mine for a company to setup some loans and mortgage for foreigners in Thailand...

not when ridiculously high interest rates (as is the case presently) apply.

i forgot that "a sucker is born every minute" who might take out a local mortgage.

Edited by Naam