Visa Waiting Times

My wife submitted an application to regent house in Bangkok for her daughter to come to the UK last week but still hasnt heard anything (8 days now). Has anybody else had to wait longer than the 2-5 days recently. Also has anyone waited longer than 5 days and had there visa approved.

Steve

In my experience, a quick reply is usually a refusal. My friends GF waited 3 weeks and was interviwed on the phone and ultimately granted a visa. My own case, the reply was back in 48 hours and it was a refusal :o

Good Luck

Cheers

ImageDude :D

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Scouser - In your experience do you think the delay might be caused because they are not happy with something in the application?

I feel like a walking zombie, it feels like a long time since i wasnt checking the VFS website every hour of every night.

Steve

Without knowing the ins and outs of the application, I can't really say why the embassy may be hanging on, although if they either have any questions or require further information, they should have made contact by now. It could be that the case is considered complex and has either been put to one side or referred back to the U.K., but in relatively straightforward matters, there's nothing preventing a decision from being made locally.

Scouse.

In my experience, a quick reply is usually a refusal. My friends GF waited 3 weeks and was interviwed on the phone and ultimately granted a visa. My own case, the reply was back in 48 hours and it was a refusal :o

Good Luck

Cheers

Not always true.

My wifes first two tourist visas were both issued within 48 hours and her current one (we're in the UK at the moment) was issued within 24 hours. :D

Good Luck

Cheers

I found the opposite true, our visa was issued in 48 hrs and a friend had to wait a week and was refused.

The only way is to call them.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the application, I can't really say why the embassy may be hanging on, although if they either have any questions or require further information, they should have made contact by now. It could be that the case is considered complex and has either been put to one side or referred back to the U.K., but in relatively straightforward matters, there's nothing preventing a decision from being made locally.

Scouse.

hey up scouser, i was under the impression that they give you some sort of no where by you can check on net??

chris

ps ben's handed his in, should know next tuesday!

Just reading the embassy website it says submit documents which have been translated into english it will help them make a quicker decision. However regent house website says its fine to submit Thai documents.

I didnt get the por kor 14 translated after reading the regent house website :o

Maybe clutching at straws?

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH

Steve

A pint of Vaux's (do they still make it?) would be nearer the mark.

Scouse.

Think you can still get Double Maxim, Looks like the old vaux site will soon be another tesco superstore.

Every city should have at least Two. :o

Steve

Just to say guys that I handed in a application on the 5th, same situation as steve, it was for my wife's daughter's settlement visa. I still have not heard anything, and we are booked to go home on the 18th. I know probably my fault for wanting to get it done in a short time frame, but had to wait afew weeks to obtain relevant supporting docs. I am going to have to change my wife and youngest daughters return flights on monday afternoon if I have not heard anything. I did ring regent house and explained the situation to them, who told me that they would contact the embassy on my behalf and ask them. Whether this was a fob off or not I dont know, they did seem genuinly helpfull. But I to am pulling my hair out , drinking a lot of beer at the thought of having to go home alone. Still I think better to wait and get it, than push and have it refused!! Just another point they told us it would be finished on tuesday also!! Good luck anyhow mate..

Cheers

Bang...........

Edited by bangbuathongben

Just to say guys that I handed in a application on the 5th, same situation as steve, it was for my wife's daughter's settlement visa. I still have not heard anything, and we are booked to go home on the 18th. I know probably my fault for wanting to get it done in a short time frame, but had to wait afew weeks to obtain relevant supporting docs. I am going to have to change my wife and youngest daughters return flights on monday afternoon if I have not heard anything. I did ring regent house and explained the situation to them, who told me that they would contact the embassy on my behalf and ask them. Whether this was a fob off or not I dont know, they did seem genuinly helpfull. But I to am pulling my hair out , drinking a lot of beer at the thought of having to go home alone. Still I think better to wait and get it, than push and have it refused!! Just another point they told us it would be finished on tuesday also!! Good luck anyhow mate..

Cheers

Bang...........

My wife is due to fly home on the 21st. Did they give an explanation for the delay? Im in the same boat mate, if i dont hear anything soon i will have to try and change my wifes flight.

Goodluck mate. Keep me informed please.

Steve

Quick Update......

Just been called by the embassy, and told that we have to have a interview. But they can't give me a date and time yet??????? So I have been on the phone to regents house again, who said that they are waiting for a letter from the embassy, and then they will phone and let me know straight away. Bit of a nightmare, but hey at least when they contact me hopefully today i can change my wife and 23 month old daughters tickets. Just means I will miss her 2nd birthday, arse!!!

Bang.................

just for my 2 cents worth

I put in on wednesday the 11th for a fiancee visa to the uk with a load of docs

one call on friday saying there was to be a telephone interview on monday, they spoke to my GF 2 times asking about my family e.t.c some questions she dident know the answers to (basic stuff as well bless her) they then called her again tuesday and then visa was granted on wednesday so all in all 5-6 days though in that time i wanted to speak to the embassy as i thought some of the questions seemed stupid but i could not get through.

bread