Gay Expats Phuket

mgs

hi

Is there a group for gay expats in Phuket? Or a place where people meet? I am thinking about a social group not a sex thing. Moving there in August and don't know anyone. happy to go to gay bars and meet folks but would be good to know if this kina thing exists. Thanks

x

hi

Is there a group for gay expats in Phuket? Or a place where people meet? I am thinking about a social group not a sex thing. Moving there in August and don't know anyone. happy to go to gay bars and meet folks but would be good to know if this kina thing exists. Thanks

x

as far as I know there is no such group in Phuket. some of the bars and clubs round Paradise have got farang owners and maybe local expats meet there. I hardly ever go to Patong unless I have to take some visiting friends there, but I am sure if you ask around some of the bars you might run into expats if this is what you are after. I have been here on and off for years now and have made many friends Thai and farang, but never found it necessary to seek out people for their sexual preferences unless I want a root, but that is an other story :o

Thanks for the replies.

I know I will meet expats through my job. Meeting a few gay folks would be good too since I am gay and will be new to the island. Good to have a mix of friends and I don't really want to go out and do the sex thing that seems to be so prevalent in Phuket. Looking forward to arriving!

cheers

There is Ray (British) at the Flying Handbag. Also Joel (American) at James Dean Bar, Olf (Swedish) at Connect, Knud (Danish) at Knud's Bar, Trevor (Australian) at Sby Sby and Patrick (French) at Rendezvous Guesthouse and Restaurant. These are all friendly resident expats and all have circles of friends you can meet.