Baby

Nordlys

It's ok as a family snap but you've got a magenta cast. The colours are conflicting to my eyes and maybe the background could be "painted down" a little. (or convert to B+W)

I'm uncomfortable with the tilt of the baby's face as another "rule" is never to show the whites of the eyes. I realise it's a snap shot and kids don't sit still but nevertheless it's there.

The lighting on the subject is good, very good.

She promises to be a great source of modeling for your future I suspect!

p.s. I can never get my little one to sit still either

Never show the white of the eyes??

I've never heard of that... I like this snap particularly because of her sideway eyes!

Yes, the magenta cast... sharp eyes!

Seems I can never adjust the white/color balance right in indoor photography using flash.

But I deliberately chose this setting to make her complexion look good, or else the white of the skin makes her look too pale (so I thought).

I remember you showed us an example of "painted down" image in another thread. Can you do that with Lightroom?

That's a perfect color balance btw... perfect skin tone, very natural complexion (I like the natural color of her lips).

Is she your little one?

Edited by Nordlys

Never show the white of the eyes??

I've never heard of that... I like this snap particularly because of her sideway eyes!

That's ok then - if you like it that's all that counts. BUT, it is a recognised rule.

Yes, the magenta cast... sharp eyes!

Seems I can never adjust the white/color balance right in indoor photography using flash.

But I deliberately chose this setting to make her complexion look good, or else the white of the skin makes her look too pale (so I thought).

I remember you showed us an example of "painted down" image in another thread. Can you do that with Lightroom?

Photoshop plug-in

That's a perfect color balance btw... perfect skin tone, very natural complexion (I like the natural color of her lips).

Is she your little one?

Yes