Do I Need A Special Permit?

I am a professional of certain services and I want to open a small school that will offer training and workshops on how to do these services.

I would like to open an office to provide my services as well as the school aspect of it to conduct workshops and tutorials.

1.) My first question is do I need seperate business licences, one for the professional services, and one to provide training if someone wants to do it themselves?

2.)Does the school/workshop need to have a special "education" licence. It would be mostly short 1 or 2 week courses mostly for foriegners?

3.) I have a Thai wife i can trust but she will remain overseas in North America. Is it easiest to put her as majority shareholder or should i set it up myself?

4.) I have about 1.5 million baht liquid after I buy assets for the biz. Is that enough to place in a Thai Bank to set up the company?

Any thoughts on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Camster

I would strongly advise you get proper legal advice for a company experienced in this as there a number of isues here.

Most professional services are on the list of occupations not open to foreigners.

Most education and training places have to approved by the MOE and need local input.

Setting up the business to best use your available funds is also the relm of accountants and lawyers.

You will need the help of your wife, especially in the set-up stage as she will need to be major shareholder and possibly GM.

Also look at th option od setting up an Amnity Treaty company. Not a simple task but doable.