Thaivisa (thaihealth) 1.5m Baht Cover

Firefan

Does the above mentioned insurance (1.5M TV Thaihealth insurance) cover accidental dental(limit?)?

Does it cover all (non-pro) sports like scuba, skiing, gocart or even parachute Etc?

Your overview does not cover those points, is there an English FULL policy you can link to that mentions these things? (chronic?, HIV? Etc. too).

Finally; a friend with another insurance (in-patient only) went to Bumringrad multiple times for stomach problems where they first just gave medicine that did not work(he paid from own pocket as out-patient), followed by another visit/other medicine that did not work(again he paid), followed by an line of tests of stool/stomach Etc. (that he also paid) finally (after months) reaching the diagnosis that he required some kind of stomach surgery which his insurance paid.

He tried to claim the initial costs (close to 100k Baht) should be part of that as really was an "in-patient" case (surgery) he could have cost them much more money by requesting to be put in hospital till proper diagnosis/cured - but the insurance have refused to pay all the initial costs (wrong treatment+diagnosis).

What would the TV Thaihealth insurance do in a similar case?

Cheers!

Does the above mentioned insurance (1.5M TV Thaihealth insurance) cover accidental dental(limit?)?

Does it cover all (non-pro) sports like scuba, skiing, gocart or even parachute Etc?

Your overview does not cover those points, is there an English FULL policy you can link to that mentions these things? (chronic?, HIV? Etc. too).

Finally; a friend with another insurance (in-patient only) went to Bumringrad multiple times for stomach problems where they first just gave medicine that did not work(he paid from own pocket as out-patient), followed by another visit/other medicine that did not work(again he paid), followed by an line of tests of stool/stomach Etc. (that he also paid) finally (after months) reaching the diagnosis that he required some kind of stomach surgery which his insurance paid.

He tried to claim the initial costs (close to 100k Baht) should be part of that as really was an "in-patient" case (surgery) he could have cost them much more money by requesting to be put in hospital till proper diagnosis/cured - but the insurance have refused to pay all the initial costs (wrong treatment+diagnosis).

What would the TV Thaihealth insurance do in a similar case?

Cheers!

Please contact us via : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form and we can send you a copy to look at.

The ‘initial costs’ – on the face of it your friend should have been paid out if the tests proved positive. We would suggest you friend goes back to their Broker and ask them to take the case up again with the insurance company.

Thanks. As for my friend I think that most of the tests showed nothing. (stool Etc.). Same for the loads of medicine that they gave him "just in case" that did not work as was for infections and parasites Etc. Believe it was an actual camera-down-the-throat (or other end?) that finally found the main cause.

I guess what surprises me is that wrong diagnosis (or "well educated guesses") leading to multiple out-patient visits (for an in-patient problem requirering surgery) means out of pocket expenses as getting the diagnosis RIGHT (and the stumbling to get there) should all be covered (whether tests turn positive or not) if turns out to be an in-patient problem (surgery) I would think?

Cheers!

Thanks. As for my friend I think that most of the tests showed nothing. (stool Etc.). Same for the loads of medicine that they gave him "just in case" that did not work as was for infections and parasites Etc. Believe it was an actual camera-down-the-throat (or other end?) that finally found the main cause.

I guess what surprises me is that wrong diagnosis (or "well educated guesses") leading to multiple out-patient visits (for an in-patient problem requirering surgery) means out of pocket expenses as getting the diagnosis RIGHT (and the stumbling to get there) should all be covered (whether tests turn positive or not) if turns out to be an in-patient problem (surgery) I would think?

Cheers!

The test (or test) that showed the surgery to be necessary would be paid by the insurance company.

Ok - I got the info on Thaihealth from you and if I read it correct; accidental damage to teeth is NOT covered. Understand that this is a "discount" insurance, but I think it is important that it is mentioned in the overview as the first time I have ever seen that in the (many) insurances I have checked/had myself.

Dangerous sports like scuba/go cart/skiing/parachute is NOT mentioned in exclusions so presume they are covered.

VDs are mentioned in exclusions but doubt HIV belong there so guess also covered.

Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

Accidental damage to teeth is covered in so much as if the doctor says the teeth need to be extracted they will be.

Dangerous sports are never covered by any insurance unless specifically stated – please note, do not assume with insurance,if it is not written in the policy then the chances are the ailment is not covered.

Ok - I got the info on Thaihealth from you and if I read it correct; accidental damage to teeth is NOT covered. Understand that this is a "discount" insurance, but I think it is important that it is mentioned in the overview as the first time I have ever seen that in the (many) insurances I have checked/had myself.

Dangerous sports like scuba/go cart/skiing/parachute is NOT mentioned in exclusions so presume they are covered.

VDs are mentioned in exclusions but doubt HIV belong there so guess also covered.

Cheers!

Unfortunately this logic doesn't apply with an Insurance contract. Just because something is NOT included does not mean it IS included. The contract specifications of inclusions and exclusions are the contract facts.

Take the discovery of AIDS. It was unheard of. It was, of course, not an exclusion, but equally, it most certainly was not covered.

Equally, and as ThaiVisaInsurance state, all dangerous sports are excluded from a "normal" policy. There are however, usually specific policies available at a much higher rate for certain hazardous pursuits

Accidental damage to teeth is covered in so much as if the doctor says the teeth need to be extracted they will be.

Dangerous sports are never covered by any insurance unless specifically stated – please note, do not assume with insurance,if it is not written in the policy then the chances are the ailment is not covered.

I would question that statement. It does depend where you offer your Insurance. That may work in Thailand, but as an example not where I am coming from. Trust me; I know what I am talking about, I even wrote polices as part of my job. I do know some nice little tricks. But above every Text in any Policy stays a Court decision. At least I think that is in civiliced countrys the case.

TV insurance; so WHAT is considered dangerous sports on the Thaihealth insurance?

At least BUPA bothers to mention what it is I recall from checking them before. It is not even mentioned in the hand book I got from you(I think...it was a long read).

Car racing? Probably "dangerous". Go cart?, Skiing?, water skiing? riding that air-banana-beach thing?, jet ski? parachute?(probably considered dangerous - but what about the beack speedboat kite thing?), sports flying(small plane)?, scuba(probably..), muay Thai (training not fights but there will be some sparring....),paintball?, water park rides?

Cheers!

World Nomads is a web based travel insurance reseller that is cheap and specializes for more adventurous travellers. So less of the crap you don't need and coverage for 'dangerous' sports like scuba, white water rafting etc. that almost every other insurance policy does not cover for no real good reason. No stuffing around requesting quotes etc. - just fill in the details on the web and get told exactly how much right there, and purchase then and there with a credit card. They are a good option too even if you don't need sport coverage. Prices vary depending on your country of residence (defined as where they need to send you back too if you need evac). No link here due to forum rules but it is the obvious one. I'm just a happy customer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi TVinsurance!

Still awaiting a reply..... Cheers!

TV insurance; so WHAT is considered dangerous sports on the Thaihealth insurance?

At least BUPA bothers to mention what it is I recall from checking them before. It is not even mentioned in the hand book I got from you(I think...it was a long read).

Car racing? Probably "dangerous". Go cart?, Skiing?, water skiing? riding that air-banana-beach thing?, jet ski? parachute?(probably considered dangerous - but what about the beack speedboat kite thing?), sports flying(small plane)?, scuba(probably..), muay Thai (training not fights but there will be some sparring....),paintball?, water park rides?

Cheers!

Hi TVinsurance!

Still awaiting a reply..... Cheers!

Cheers!

Oops sorry - please see below : Injury while the covered person is taking part in dangerous sports or activities including racing of all kinds including car, boat and horse racing, racing of water and snow skiing, including jet-ski, skating, boxing, parachuting jumping (except for the purpose of life saving), boarding or traveling in a hot air balloon, gliding, bungee jumping, diving with oxygen tank and breathing equipment under water.

• 2 weeks later...
Firefan: Dangerous sports like scuba/go cart/skiing/parachute is NOT mentioned in exclusions so presume they are covered.

Yes they are! If you download the .PDF (2 & a half pages) you will see it mentioned. There are a lot of exclusions in that TVI policy.

• 3 weeks later...

BSJ; that .pdf file only came up after I asked Thaivisa insurance about it. Glad I can help them improve their information though! :D Might get me a discount! :o

That said; I still don't find the wording clear: It starts of mentioning that RACING is not allowed, then something like "racing of water and snow skiing" - But what if I am not "racing" - but simply buying 10 minutes of water ski from the beach guy? Where does the banana-boat fit into this? And what if I snow ski for casual fun, not organized racing?

Next part of sentence mentions jet-ski - so almost certain to me that it is NOT included which I find very scary - since; unlike with diving/parachute/organized racing there is NO way for me to buy a seperate insurance on the beach to protect me during my 10 minutes of fun on the water....

Boxing is then mentioned - I do not do fights, but do sparring/training/kick & hit a bag for cardio. Is it only boxing fights or anything related to boxing?

Skating? They mean racing or also when I rent 1 hour at Esplanade skating rink for a spin? I twist my ancle and the will refuse to pay?

Diving/parachute/organized racing I understand. The other exclusions I would like to get more details on as mentioned. TV Insurance?

My soccer/football/Aussie rules or whatever is then covered, but not the jetski or your spin on the ice rink?

I know that some will argue I can just tell a "white lie" about how my boxing training injury happened as I walked into a cabinet - but that is not so easy to do if the ambulance pick you up at the beach with lungs full of water and a jetski in your mouth...

I already have the 1.5M TVinsurance myself - just so nobody thinks I work for competition with all this nagging :D

Cheers!

<a name="OLE_LINK1">FC

You are quite correct with the words : "at depth", however with a rebreather system you do carry an oxygen tank and that is why it is worded that way.

Does that mean that diving with air tank and breathing equipment is covered?

Cheers

<a name="OLE_LINK1">FC

You are quite correct with the words : "at depth", however with a rebreather system you do carry an oxygen tank and that is why it is worded that way.

Does that mean that diving with air tank and breathing equipment is covered?

Cheers

Sorry no - the exclusions :

Injury while the covered person is taking part in dangerous sports or activities including racing of all kinds including car, boat and horse racing, racing of water and snow skiing, including jet-ski, skating, boxing, parachuting jumping (except for the purpose of life saving), boarding or traveling in a hot air balloon, gliding, bungee jumping, diving with oxygen tank and breathing equipment under water.

If you do wish for medical insurance which covers SCUBA diving then please contact Thai Visa Insurance :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

I'm not sure if this will work but we'll try answering after each paragraph :

That said; I still don't find the wording clear: It starts of mentioning that RACING is not allowed, then something like "racing of water and snow skiing" - But what if I am not "racing" - but simply buying 10 minutes of water ski from the beach guy? Where does the banana-boat fit into this? And what if I snow ski for casual fun, not organized racing? First, please keep in mind this only a translation of the Thai version. All racing of any kind (car, m/cycle etc) is not covered but for pleasure rides like the banana boat yes you are covered – note the word 'racing'.

Next part of sentence mentions jet-ski - so almost certain to me that it is NOT included which I find very scary - since; unlike with diving/parachute/organized racing there is NO way for me to buy a seperate insurance on the beach to protect me during my 10 minutes of fun on the water....Again this is for racing on jet-skis not simple 'pleasure' rides –important note – jet skis are not insured and a ' not unusual' scam is to charge the renter for even the most minor scratches when they return the ski.

Boxing is then mentioned - I do not do fights, but do sparring/training/kick & hit a bag for cardio. Is it only boxing fights or anything related to boxing? For fights, just hitting a bag you are covered.

Skating? They mean racing or also when I rent 1 hour at Esplanade skating rink for a spin? I twist my ancle and the will refuse to pay? Again, racing – skating for pleasure covered.

Diving/parachute/organized racing I understand. The other exclusions I would like to get more details on as mentioned. TV Insurance?

My soccer/football/Aussie rules or whatever is then covered, but not the jetski or your spin on the ice rink? See above