2nd Hand Kubuta Rice Havester For Sale.

Lickey

Saw this harvester today in a shop, its a Kubuta 1200c i think, if anybody is interested, i will get pics and price and post them very soon, and as much other info i can gather,

Im a diesel engineer by trade and have a good eye for mechanical things, if there is something specific you want me to look for on this machine, i can check it and add pics,

rgds Lickey.

Saw this harvester today in a shop, its a Kubuta 1200c i think, if anybody is interested, i will get pics and price and post them very soon, and as much other info i can gather,

Im a diesel engineer by trade and have a good eye for mechanical things, if there is something specific you want me to look for on this machine, i can check it and add pics,

rgds Lickey.

Hmmm... my reply didn't show up the first time.....

I bought a new Kubota last year and have ordered a second one already. Could you send me some pics and the model please? Thanks in advance. P.S. - I have the largest Kubotas made.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new Kubota last year and have ordered a second one already. Could you send me some pics and the model please? Thanks in advance. P.S. - I have the largest Kubotas made.

scotbeve, sorry for the delay, the machine was under offer but the deal fell through, anyway, its a Kubota, made in Japan, its got 501 hours on the clock and i believe belonged to a contractor, the 4 cyl engine sounds sweet as a nut and no apparant oil leaks, the coolant is clean, same as the engine oil, price is 390,000bht, and apparantley will do 2.5 rai in 1 hour, it looks like its been looked after, grease nipples have grease on them and some grease ouzing out where it should, ok, enjoy the pics, and i think he has some more [bigger and smaller] machines coming up soon, Cheers, Lickey.

post-41116-1214770895_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1214770909_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1214770940_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1214770954_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1214770986_thumb.jpg

post-41116-1214771005_thumb.jpg

I recognise that place, I sometimes go to that bloke to buy steel, he's got the best selection in Nam Som. I also bought a Land Rover off him a couple of years ago. Nice enough guy, pretty fair but not too keen on giving any discount.

ps Lickey, I'm working offshore UK just now but will be back in a week or so hopefully, let me know if you want anything special from UK. I must have driven past your place a dozen times and seen you sitting outside the salon having a smoke, keep saying to the wife I should stop and say hello.

Cheers

Stuart.

Hi Stuart, yes you are right, he sells steel and pipes ect, and somehow related to my mrs, and again you are right, i do sit outside the salon having a smoke, before i go to the farm or when i come back, and a nice offer you made to bring stuff from the UK, give me a day or so to think about this and ill PM you, dont want others getting jealous on here,

Thanks again for your kind offer, best wishes, Lickey [alex].

Hi Stuart, Ive had a think about what i would like from Uk, hope youve got a big suitcase!

1 1960s Howard Gem rotovator 600cc sidevalve engine.

2 Merry Tiller rotovator,2ft cut,5hp Briggs & Stratton engine.

3 Spear & Jackson fork spade and secatares, you know the type that dont bend or break under pressure!!

4 Some reliable english farm labourers, i will supply a bottle of cold tea and a ploughmans lunch pack-up for them,

Well, thats my wish-list out of the way, { might start a new topic on this, What would you like farming-wise from your country}

Honestly Stuart, a jar of Branston Pickle and a jar of Heinz Crunchy Picalili would do fine thankyou, and the mrs has lived in the UK and does some good dishes, so if you get fed up with Thai food youve welcome to join us any evening.

Cheers and Thanks again, Lickey.

scotbeve, sorry for the delay, the machine was under offer but the deal fell through, anyway, its a Kubota, made in Japan, its got 501 hours on the clock and i believe belonged to a contractor, the 4 cyl engine sounds sweet as a nut and no apparant oil leaks, the coolant is clean, same as the engine oil, price is 390,000bht, and apparantley will do 2.5 rai in 1 hour, it looks like its been looked after, grease nipples have grease on them and some grease ouzing out where it should, ok, enjoy the pics, and i think he has some more [bigger and smaller] machines coming up soon, Cheers, Lickey.

I looked at a new machine very similar in Rangsit last week. Baht 800,000. The one you have shown looks like a good deal. I have two questions for anyone who can help:

I seem to recall that these machines have an issue with rice that has lodged, is that correct?

Can this type of harvester be used for other crops such as oil seeds? I asked the dealer but was told "it's a rice harvester!"

Regards

Isaanaussie

Hi Lickey,

We bought one of these smaller machines and sold it after trying it out during the first rice harvest. Too small and slow. The one you're showing in the pictures only can harvest 1 rai / hour. The DC-60 harvester, which I have 2 of, does 2.5 rai / hour and it is twice the size of the one shown. My brother-in-law still has one of the smaller ones and is still trying to flog it. Make sure that if you quote this, have the spec sheet available. Thanks for your efforts in any event.

Edited by scotbeve

Thanks for reply Scot,

I know nothing about rice harvesters [ but have a good eye and ear for all powered machines] so your info is valuable to prospective buyers,

There is something i forgot to ask the vendor, what is the PTO output on the back RH corner for?,,,

Could you help IssanAussie in his post above, ive no idea,

Thanks, Lickey.

Scotbeve, I am curious about how big the rice paddies are you use harvesters in. In my are the average rice paddy would be less than 40 by 40 metres, many much smaller and the biggest might be 50 by 80-100. This means that considerable time would be spent moving the harvester from one paddy to another. I know on my wife's family farm they have to dig a path in the dikes to move the two wheel tractor from one paddy to another when it is pulling a trailer. Issangeorge

Scotbeve, I am curious about how big the rice paddies are you use harvesters in. In my are the average rice paddy would be less than 40 by 40 metres, many much smaller and the biggest might be 50 by 80-100. This means that considerable time would be spent moving the harvester from one paddy to another. I know on my wife's family farm they have to dig a path in the dikes to move the two wheel tractor from one paddy to another when it is pulling a trailer. Issangeorge

This is a very good point. To set a combine for top efficency the drum & return feeds (not sure if the Thai combines have return feeds though?)need to be full of straw and grain, and it will probably takes 5-10 meters for this to happen, and it is usually during this time that you will see some waste from the combine.

SAP

Thanks for reply Scot,

I know nothing about rice harvesters [ but have a good eye and ear for all powered machines] so your info is valuable to prospective buyers,

There is something i forgot to ask the vendor, what is the PTO output on the back RH corner for?,,,

Thanks, Lickey.

Thanks Lickey, apparently we have a similar mechanical engineering background.

I would bet the PTO is for things like grain elevators or even a baler for the straw.

In my case it is difficult to justify a harvester just for a single rice crop per year and our limited land. There are now several contractors around (pnustedt is one in my area) who will get my business. At the current rates it will be cheaper than employing labour to hand cut, tie and stack, then thrash as is the traditional method.

I could get interested if I could use it to harvest other cereals and oil seed crops as well.

Isaanaussie

Thanks for reply Scot,

Thanks, Lickey.

I would bet the PTO is for things like grain elevators or even a baler for the straw.

In my case it is difficult to justify a harvester just for a single rice crop per year and our limited land. There are now several contractors around (pnustedt is one in my area) who will get my business. At the current rates it will be cheaper than employing labour to hand cut, tie and stack, then thrash as is the traditional method.

I could get interested if I could use it to harvest other cereals and oil seed crops as well.

Isaanaussie

Hi folks,

Correct, it wouldn't be a very good investment if you only have one harvest / year. We contract the services out, haul around by a 4wd pickup the Kubota DC-60 harvesters and do a complete area for a few days then move on. They weigh only 2,450 kg., don't damage the land, rice loss of no more than 5%. The PTO is just as what you said it COULD be used for (plus whatever else one could use it for) a conveyor track to a towed storage truck on large tracks of rice land. Whereas the massive Thai-made harvesters are slightly faster BUT: are too heavy (damage the land (= more cost to the land owner to re-grade it)), lose up to 20% of rice(not an efficient vaccuum system), and require a 6 wheeler truck to tow it around (lots more fuel costs)...

Thanks for reply Scot,

Thanks, Lickey.

Isaanaussie

Hi folks,

Correct, it wouldn't be a very good investment if you only have one harvest / year. We contract the services out, haul around by a 4wd pickup the Kubota DC-60 harvesters and do a complete area for a few days then move on. They weigh only 2,450 kg., don't damage the land, rice loss of no more than 5%. The PTO is just as what you said it COULD be used for (plus whatever else one could use it for) a conveyor track to a towed storage truck on large tracks of rice land. Whereas the massive Thai-made harvesters are slightly faster BUT: are too heavy (damage the land (= more cost to the land owner to re-grade it)), lose up to 20% of rice(not an efficient vaccuum system), and require a 6 wheeler truck to tow it around (lots more fuel costs)...

I was in Rangsit today on the continuing quest for a tractor and for those of you who are looking for cheap harvesters there are currently at least ten pre-loved units on offer. Small to huge, take your pick from them as they all will need more than a bit of TLC to get going. Still if you are in the market go take a look.

Thanks for reply Scot,

Thanks, Lickey.

Isaanaussie

Hi folks,

I was in Rangsit today on the continuing quest for a tractor and for those of you who are looking for cheap harvesters there are currently at least ten pre-loved units on offer. Small to huge, take your pick from them as they all will need more than a bit of TLC to get going. Still if you are in the market go take a look.

Once again to all and sundry,

I'd be wary of any good deals for the monster rice harvesters... the price has gone down whilst the price of fuel...?? The price of rice...?? Etc. Also, try to find out if anyone was seriously injured by one of the large machines... If fatally injured, you'll be lucky to get anyone to operate it. I almost bought a barrel-type thresher (on wheels...) to compliment a pair I already had. Problem was that someone was killed by the machine... selling price was really low.