Taking Money Out Of Thailand

Hi, Im here on a retirement visa and have to show 800.000 bht in my thai bank for 3 months previous before aplying for another 1year application of stay,

No problem with the money, its in kasikorn bank as usual, what i am fed up with is the very low interest rate they pay, [if any] .

Mrs and me always go back to UK for 2 weeks in October for my mums birthday and see the family ect, just after my 1 year visa is done and IMM officer sees money in book, What im thinking of doing is withdrawing 750.000bht in cash, going to UK and putting this in my Nationwide high interest acc, this matures every April, meanwhile, i can use the online service to transfer cash to current acc or use debit card [free of charge] and top up my Thai acc, or for larger sums, use swift transfer.

Would this be considered as money laundering or such like?

Thanks for your guidance and opions on this, Rgds, Lickey.

I would think that any gain you make on interest you would loose on the poor exchange rates that the banks offer when you swift it back. I think the most you can take out of Thailand undeclared is 10k us but I am not 100% sure on that figure.