World Online Tv

waldwolf

A while back, one member posted a request asking if it were possible to get certain TV programs over the internet. Recently, I ran across apiece of software (that I have not yet used) which claims to do just that:

World Online TV allows you to watch 800+ live television channels and listen to 1500+ online radio stations from 100+ countries. There is no need for a TV Tuner card because all the channels are streamed through your Internet connection. For most TV and Radio channels a modem speed of 56Kb/s is required, for the broadband TV stations you need 300 Kb/s. This software comes with automatic TV station updates so it will never be out of date. If you are interested in learning languages or alternative programming, this is a good choice for you!

Features:

- More than 800 FREE TV stations. (see TV channel list)

- More than 1500 FREE radio stations. (see radio channel list)

- NO TV tuner card required!

- NO Subscription Fees! Only one payment, no monthly payments

- Free lifetime upgrades!

- Automatic channel list updates.

- Supports high bandwidth stations.

- Supports thousands of skins(visual styles *.msstyles)

- Resizable screen, supports full-screen mode

System Requirements:

- Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98, 98SE or Windows NT4.0

- IE 5.0 or later

- 2MB hard drive space for installation

- Internet connection

- The latest version of RealPlayer and Windows Media Player installed. World Online TV needs the system of decoding of both programs to present the radio and television signals. It's advisable that you install Microsoft Media Player and RealPlayer before installing World Online TV.

More information and trial download available here:

(PS - If any member has used this program, would appreciate your comments.)

The only use of the program is to create a list of stations available! Each and every station listed on their site can be viewed or listened to only with either realplayer or windows mediaplayer.

Their list doesn't seem to be complete either as I listen to several stations not listed!

There are websites which list all available stations for you!

Try this one for radiostations:

http://www.radio-locator.com/

And this one for television:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

Now a quick note on Thailand's notorious internet speeds!

I guess with most regular broadband subscriptions (256 or 512 from loxinfo, ksc or ji-net) you will get reliable streaming media up to half your promised speeds.

I have a 256/128 link and any stream requiring more then 100kbps will only work between 02:00 and 06:00 in the morning(with some luck thrown in as well :o )

The very cheap packages such as True and TT&T's Hinet give full speed one second and very low speed the next. This is absolutely useless for streaming media which really needs a steady stream of data flowing in. So certainly forget watching a 1mbps stream on your 2mbps link :D

A 100kbps stream might work one day while the next day a very low quality 20kbps stream will be choppy!

In short this mean that good quality audio streams are plenty, but for any enjoyable videostream you will need to have at least over 300kbps uninterupted international dataflow. Which we simply don't get over here. (not for a reasonable price anyway)