Alliance And Leicester E-saver Issue 1

Some of you will have the above account. As I do.

The interest rate has been redued to 6% (18 Jun I think)

They have 30 days to inform us - they normally use all of this time!

Issue 2 now pays 6.51% Existing customers can apply- but must be money not already in AL!!

A classic case of robbing Peter to pay Paul

They rely on saver apathy not to change, but 6% is not competative in my view.

Any thoughts?

P

ALIL do this on a regular basis, at least once every couple of years in the last 10 years I've had an account with them.

All I do is open the new higher interest account with the minimum balance and then transfer from the old account and close it.

Easy for me to do though as I have a job and regular monthly salary that can be utilised for that.

PP

The min opening balance on issue 2 is £15000. They also offer 6.65% on a new 50 day notice account Min investment is £25000 min withdrawal of £5000. I could achieve both but all my savings are in issue 1. If I transfer £15000 to my 'nominated account' and them applied for issue 2 do you think they would consider it new money? I will ask them tomorrow and post the reply.

Thanks for your imput

Regards

P

OOPS Min withdrawal for 50 day notice acc is £25000 and interest on issue 2 is 6.5% - I should wear my glasses!!!

Edited by pontious

First Save do time deposits for 7.1% at the mo - Kaupthing Edge have instant savers @ 6.5% at the mo<br /><br />A&L typically suck. They have made my ISA dormant and tried to get me to talk to some investment manager as they thought they could get me to put my money somewhere they can get more cash out of me on - so I have repeatedly told them to go phuck themselves and I am looking for a better ISA home...<br /><br />Still they have paid me well on recommend a friend and from a complaint... and I love calling them on an little published 0800 no when they want people to call on premium rate 0845, 0870 and 0844 nos !<br />

A&L typically too many catches - read the small print and if you can work it, go for it, otherwise avoid...

Edited by Khun Bob

I looked at Kaupthing Edge when they announced the rates of 6.5%

Unfortunately when you apply the opening gambit is 'you can open an account if you live in the following countries'

Thailand is NOT on the list TIT! :o

p

PP

The min opening balance on issue 2 is £15000. They also offer 6.65% on a new 50 day notice account Min investment is £25000 min withdrawal of £5000. I could achieve both but all my savings are in issue 1. If I transfer £15000 to my 'nominated account' and them applied for issue 2 do you think they would consider it new money? I will ask them tomorrow and post the reply.

Thanks for your imput

Regards

P

OOPS Min withdrawal for 50 day notice acc is £25000 and interest on issue 2 is 6.5% - I should wear my glasses!!!

P Thanks for drawing my attention to this - I was wondering if you had a reply to the idea of transferring 15000 to your nominated account.

Cheers BB