True 4mb, Tot 2mb Or True 2mb

mmkin

i am moving to a new place and lm looking to subscribe to the True internet. I have been using TOT goldcyber (2mb) package for the past 10 months and i am very happy with their speed during the night. I experience full speed 220kb/sec in Bitcomet.

My question is whether True Internet 4mb is worth the price? Anyone can provide some information on their PEAK Download speed for the 4mb package or should i go the 2mb package?

please advise.

Funny you mention that. I am getting almost exactly that speed out of TRUE 2 MB. Cost = 890 plus VAT because I use their Digital Sat TV.

I met a guy at PanTip that has 4 MB. TRUE even called him up to make sure he was happy - it seems like you are VIP when you pay for that speed. TRUE also offer 3MB which is what I would suggest. It's just a little more a month.

Funny you mention that. I am getting almost exactly that speed out of TRUE 2 MB. Cost = 890 plus VAT because I use their Digital Sat TV.

I met a guy at PanTip that has 4 MB. TRUE even called him up to make sure he was happy - it seems like you are VIP when you pay for that speed. TRUE also offer 3MB which is what I would suggest. It's just a little more a month.

thanks for that info. it helps..

If you have a choice, DON'T SELECT TRUE under any circumstance.

They are a bunch of sempiternal liers and gangsters, and I can promise you disappointment, anger and frustration if you do business with them. They deliver nothing of what they promise.

Trust me, we have been in business with them for 4 years, and we have canceled all out contracts with them one by one. Right now, we have banned this company from our list of suppliers.

And, if you still consider selecting them, make sure you read what other forum members think of them (in this forum and in others). You have been warned!

Edited by dolvitius

TRUE = TRUE-LY SLOW

after 4 pm, weekend or public holliday it is a mess

slow, and endless waiting...

sometimes no youtube or no international sites that time out ...

frustrating

did i speak about the hotmail problems ? unable to open any mail ...

Accept for some connection problems to game servers, i've never really had a problem with True... always get the max speed downloading (when i've bothered to look) - unless there is a regional/national problem they have always been "Ok" on their service. That was the 2mg deal. Considered the 4mg upgrade, but i cant think what i'd use the extra bandwidth for to be honest :o

TRUE = TRUE-LY SLOW

after 4 pm, weekend or public holliday it is a mess

slow, and endless waiting...

sometimes no youtube or no international sites that time out ...

frustrating

did i speak about the hotmail problems ? unable to open any mail ...

true may work for awhile, then 2 things will happen. ! their international link will get over loaded!! yes it may work fine for a few months. I used true for 5 years and went through this 2 or 3 times per year on the SME package. it would go from very good, to very bad, even VOIP would not work for days, weeks...the last straw was 3 weeks of NOT even VOIP working during the daytime.... With True it will get very very bad, then they get more bandwith for their international link, then better for a few months, then the same thing over and over agian. I had to switch to Ji-net it works great but only can get 1 MB on true line, so Now I am thinking of KSC or CS.......NOTE this was the SME package with true so beware!!! This was only 6 months ago and before I used them nearly 5 years but could NOT changed tell I moved!!! avoid avoid avoid

I was in BKK for about 7 months from Sep - April and used True as my ISP.

Apart from a period around January where they (I would assume) capped a few of the ports I was using to download stuff via usenet/Newhosting, I was quite happy with their service. I was getting full speeds most of the day, but usually would slow to half speed in peak times, which wasn't an issue, but as mentioned I was on 2.5MB speed and noticed for a period around January, my downloads when from 250KB/s (full speed) to about 20KB/s even at times as early as 7am.

Called up and had a go at them for this tactic they used, and evetually the speeds returned back to normal, though with unlimited download data, you can't expect full speeds at all times during the day.

Other than that, hardly any drop outs, everything installed with ease, and even when I spoke to their customer support crew, they were pleasant to deal with, returning calls whenever it was requested.

Not sure what I will get when I return next month, but I will give them another go.

BTW.. do they still have those package deal where if you subscribe to TrueVision you get a free speed upgrade to Hi-Speed 2 and faster speed for the same money.

(eg, 2.5MB for 1,190bht, or 3MB on hi-speed 2 for the same money if you subcribe to True Vision)

I know they had this last year, but i can;t find anywhere on their website if they still have it??

Avoid CSlox, their service almost grinds to a halt during peak periods unless your on a SME package.

Yeah, been noticing that lately myself - they used to be very good but the last few months have been quite poor. True is usually okay for me, except for some hiccups when using their roaming WiFi throughout Bangkok.

None of them good actually! Sometime it works sometime it doesn't.. and, it really depends on the location, too. So, try one by one and in the end you might find the one that gives you the best at your location.. or you might not.. there is no grantee.

Edited by SoMeOnEnUlL

Hi

I just changed my ToT 1Mbit connection to True's 4Mbit/512Kb.

When testing the dl/ul speed (locally) using ADSL Thailand Speed Test, I get around 3.2 Mbit DL and 300Kbit UL.

Now considering changing it to the 3Mbit/512Kbit subscription plan instead, since I apparently do not get that last 1Mbit...

But besides that, so far I am quite happy with their service, and I have also used them in the past.