Patong 4th Road

HumbleFlyer

I've seen alot of Patong but up on Soi Nanai to near to Soi Saimanyer just south of that intersection it a road. There is a devlopment sign about housing . Go up a big hill, which is probably like a water fall during the rain and you can come down in the south end of Patong at the road to Kat/Karon. Ther were only a couple houses there mostly open area. Any other member visited the area?

The road is not new but I never noticed it before????

The road is called 'Hasip' I think, the hilltop hotel is up there - great views of Patong. The Kata/Karon end is the part that will link up with the eventual road to Chalong I reckon, but don't quote me on that.

I used to rent an apartment up there! It's called "Hasip Pee" road (50 year road). Unfortunately, the road is very steep which means it is very noisy with the truck engines straining in first gear to get up.

I won't say where I stayed as I don't have happy memories about the place. By far the biggest problem was noise - not so much the constant noisy trucks, but the so-called "big bikes" that used to be driven up and down all frigging night. Try to imagine an un-silenced 750 cc bike roaring up hill at 2am, 3am, 5am. I think you'll realise why I left and didn't care that I'd lose a month's advance rental. I've never stayed in a place with such uncaring, antisocial, selfish, inconsiderate, noisy b*******.

On the other hand, the air was great! :o

And 'yes', FTH, the Kata/Karon road goes to Chalong if you turn left at the big roundabout at Karon, or goes to Rawai if you go straight on.

:D