Nimanhemin Keeps Getting Better....

pilou

Hi all

Every time I come back home from work, there is something new on Nimanhemin... A restaurant, a shop, a spa, a condo...

I heard rumors that there would be a Villa supermarket at the Punna Condo, anybody can confirm this ?

If it was not for the bar/restaurant blaring music almost under my windows till 1:00 am, would be close to ideal place... I love being here :o , I go out and I have 50 restaurants to choose from, shops, and taxis and tuktuk easily available ( except at night..) and Central 15 minutes walking away, back from airport in 10 minutes through the airbase ( although going is a bit longer...).

Phil

I might add that, to ease the congestion, the boys in brown do enforce the no parking signs, such as the one in front of Mike's Burgers. It cost me a round trip tuk-tuk trip (200baht) to the riverside police station near Warawot Market, and a 400 baht fine, to get my new motorcycle unshackled. Plenty of traffic most of the day and evening.

but it's sad that some of the best nimmanhaemin spots have been pushed out or changed. RIP old Drunken Flower and old Khun Churn. DF is now much smaller with no garden and Khun Churn no longer feels like the homey cosy place it once did. I wonder how long it will be before they remove the last bastion of inexpensive and good food shops next to Hillside 2. Perhaps they'll replace them with some much-needed coffeehouse/bakeries. We've only got around twenty or thirty of those.

of course i'm just an old nimmanhaemin regular bitching about how things used to be. as long as they put in some proper sidewalks and some more trees i won't complain. the sidewalk situation is just absurd - especially for a street that practically bills itself as the Champs-Élysées of Chiang Mai in every magazine in Asia.

Villa! Wow, that would be fantastic...though, I suppose not for poor Kasem. I heard that Punna was courting Rimping, but perhaps that didn't work out. Nim road may not look particuarly lovely, but for we residents it really is a micronism of Chiang Mai. Marvellous.

but it's sad that some of the best nimmanhaemin spots have been pushed out or changed. RIP old Drunken Flower and old Khun Churn. DF is now much smaller with no garden and Khun Churn no longer feels like the homey cosy place it once did. I wonder how long it will be before they remove the last bastion of inexpensive and good food shops next to Hillside 2. Perhaps they'll replace them with some much-needed coffeehouse/bakeries. We've only got around twenty or thirty of those.

Yes the new Drunken Flower is very disappointing compared to the old one. What happened there?

i've got my hopes up for laser tag and a water fun park too. and where the frick is mcdonalds already? i can't believe there's still only one and a half in chiang mai. what kind of a civilized city only has one and a half mcdonalds? we need bill heinecke to copy mcdonalds like he copied pizza hut. for the good of our municipal esteem.

there better be some sort of a city plan going up to ease congestion because with all the huge condos going up and a villa supermarket as well things are going to get ugly real fast. there'll be more white (accident-marking) paint on the street than on all the faces on female news presenters in thailand.

when are they going to start building on doi suthep already? all that empty land is just begging to be festooned with condos. imagine the views!

Edited by ollylama