Car Rental, Long Term

vegas

I'm looking for a long term rental company that has a selection of cars at good rates. I don't need a new car, something 2-3 years old is fine.

thanks in advance.

What kind of car? how long? Location? How much you want to spend? What kind of insurance you need? Do you need rental car insurance or privat cover? This is all important, because many "cheap charlie" car rentals don't have correct rental car insurence, wich cost almost double than a private insurence.

I'm looking for a long term rental company that has a selection of cars at good rates. I don't need a new car, something 2-3 years old is fine.

thanks in advance.

What kind of car? how long? Location? How much you want to spend? What kind of insurance you need? Do you need rental car insurance or privat cover? This is all important, because many "cheap charlie" car rentals don't have correct rental car insurence, wich cost almost double than a private insurence.

If they do not have the proper (more expensive) rental insurance you might end up in paying all damages in case of an accident. Last time I rent from Avis, maybe more expensive but something you can at least trust in a bit more. They do long rentals as well, but I do not know their terms and prices.

Try using one of the forum's sponsors: Expat Motors.

I rented a vehicle from them for a few months and was extremely happy with the price, professionalism and excellent service. Click on the link at the top of the forum and send Tim an email. I can't see enough about their service.

• 3 years later...

We use a expat company that covers everything including damages, mechanical fees, servicing, driver cost (6 days a week), what the Thais call first class insurance and it sets us back 42,000฿ per month. The vehicle is a 2008 Altis.

We might be able to Organize all these things separately ourselves and save a few ฿ but I think we'd loose it in the end as we are only here for 2 years and then we'd have to sell the car.

Their email is [email protected] and they run tours on the URL www.toursinbangkok.com

Otherwise for car only I think the only option are the big names like AVIS. Though they are close to the same price on a monthly basis. Maybe you could negotiate direct with them?