Brit Kid On Parents' Visa?

Me and my partner are British. Our son was born here in Bangkok 1 year ago. He has a Brit passport, but no visa stamp. We will go to the UK for the first time in July, and I need to know if he needs a visa to get back in to Thailand with us.

I have fired off emails to both the Thai embassy in London and the Brit embassy in BK, but have had no response so far. Any ideas here?

Our (parents) visa status is a bit muddled, as we are in the process of changing jobs. But at the moment I (father) am on a non-imm B, and mother will be on a a 30-day VOA.

Many thanks

There is no automatic conversion - he will be on overstay once his 30 days end but there is no fine involved so most people will leave it as that. A non immigrant B visa (90 day stays) does not allow dependents. If she obtains a one year extension of stay child could obtain visa/extension to match.

lop, technically shouldn't it be:

Main breadwinner: non-immigrant B

Spouse: Non-immigrant O

Child: Non-immigrant O

The spouse and the child then get their extensions based on the parents work permit and extesnion of stay towards the end of the first 3 month stint in Thailand.

The spouse and the child then get their extensions based on the parents work permit and extesnion of stay towards the end of the first 3 month stint in Thailand.

Embassy in Belgium said I had to get a Visa for my daughter to stay in Thailand more than 6 months so I did that the first time.

But in Thailand the immigration officer at the airport told me I shouldn't have bothered because as mentioned before there is no fine for overstay for children under 15.

So the next years I didn't do this anymore and we didn't have any problems.

It sounds like they will both have non immigrant B visas and maybe extensions on them - nothing wrong with that. No law that you have to be a family unit.

So thats for sure that there is no fine for over stay for kids under 15?

Actually I think it is for kids under the age of 17. I took my child out (age 6) and she technically had a 2 year overstay but at the airport they pointed to a very large sign which states no fine for kids under 17 and waived us through.

Me and my partner are British. Our son was born here in Bangkok 1 year ago. He has a Brit passport, but no visa stamp. We will go to the UK for the first time in July, and I need to know if he needs a visa to get back in to Thailand with us.

I have fired off emails to both the Thai embassy in London and the Brit embassy in BK, but have had no response so far. Any ideas here?

Our (parents) visa status is a bit muddled, as we are in the process of changing jobs. But at the moment I (father) am on a non-imm B, and mother will be on a a 30-day VOA.

Many thanks

Child is British ? so just as every other British visitor will get 30 day VOA when entreing Thailand.

Many thanks

Child is British ? so just as every other British visitor will get 30 day VOA when entreing Thailand.

British passport holders are not able to get VOA when entering Thailand.

They can get a Visa Exempt Stamp giving them a 30 day stay.

A VOA gives 15 days and is not free.

Many thanks

Get your child a proper Non-Immi O visa when you come back. Why? Sure the child can enter on a 30 day exemption and can overstay as long as they want with no fine, but there is a problem.

1) The exemption from overstay fines is not a law, rather it is a Thai Immi regulation. Regulations are very easy to change. It can change at ANY time. Read the actual law concerning overstays and you'll see it makes no provision for under 15, under 13, under 7 or any other age.

2) This is important. Your child is only permitted 90 days out of 180 days in Thailand on exemption. So if you stay for a year on overstay and then pop out of the country for a couple of days, your child can be refused entry. It happened to me.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/90-180-Rule-...ds-t113621.html

Thanks Whitey. Sorry to hear about your problems. Not to mention the ear-bashing you got here on TV on the other thread. At the moment it looks like we'll have to get Polecat JR a non-imm O in London.

Looks like there are going to be a few headaches, after all.

Edited by polecat