Smoke Bombs

You know, the ones you put in side the house and you go away for a few hours and the insects are dead.

Anyone know where here in ChiangMai, if they have them, they are sold? I get tired of spraying from the little can - it stinks.

Any other recommendations to fumigate the inside of your house?

I was looking for these awhile back for our attic. Smoke bomb or insect fogger. Surprised I could not find any. I know Raid still makes them. Maybe Rimping can import a few cases? Let me know if you get ahold of some.

Failing all else, get yourself a couple of large cans of the odourless insect spray (e.g. Mortein and "Ars" - I kid you not) and blast all over the place. As with the smoke process, stay out of the place for a few hours. A different product "Ars Mite 1" is also very good against crawlers in cracks, crevices etc and doesn't smell that much - orange & silver can with orange cap and thin metal pipe for accurate spraying.

Further thought: these smoke bombs are generally used in greenhouses in cooler climates. Not many of those here, but might be worth checking out the insecticide sellers at Kamtien plant market (behind Lotus Kamtien).

I've been noticing a resistance of the insects, mosquitos especially to the standard sprays, smoking coils and even the local govmt exterminator that sprayed our entire house last week and the mosquitos returned next day. Either the insectss are becomming resistant or the sprays, coils are dilute. There are for sure more mosquitos this year. They normally slack off in the winter months and give us a break, but this year they never left, and an increase in cockroaches.

They're taking over!!

My issue right now is rats.

I got the shock of my life the other morning when I came down to find one clinging to the fly screen in the bathroom trying to knaw his way in. It was as big as a cat !!

They seem to have an elaborate network of burrows at the side of the house, tried flushing them out with hot water, but it did not work as I think the burrows are so large.

I tried the sticky rat catcher stuff, pellets I have brought from the UK......we caught one very small one on the sticky plate, but the big ones are seemingly too clever to take the bait.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to effectively eliminate them?

My issue right now is rats.

I got the shock of my life the other morning when I came down to find one clinging to the fly screen in the bathroom trying to knaw his way in. It was as big as a cat !!

They seem to have an elaborate network of burrows at the side of the house, tried flushing them out with hot water, but it did not work as I think the burrows are so large.

I tried the sticky rat catcher stuff, pellets I have brought from the UK......we caught one very small one on the sticky plate, but the big ones are seemingly too clever to take the bait.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to effectively eliminate them?

The spring operated rat traps kill them instantly TP but they wise up to them pretty quickly. There are poisons available as well.

Rat Poison