Where Can We Visit

Hi everyone,

5 months ago my thai g/f was granted a finacee visa and she came to stay with me in England, so last week we got married and have to go to either Glasgow,Liverpool,Birmingham or Croydon to apply for her settlement visa in a few weeks because that is the only time we could get an appointment. (We r going in person because her finacee visa finishes at the start of Decmeber and if we sent the forms off in the post we might not get a reply in time to go back to thailand for christmas)

My question is I would like to visit Amsterdam for my mothers birthday with my wife, is there any chance she would be able to go without this new visa in her passport?

Also when my wife has this new settlement visa in her passport where can we go in the world?

Thanks everyone for there time on this matter. :o

I assume that you want to go before the appointment for the settlement visa.

As far as I understand, the current visa is a six month multiple entry visa.

You will therefore need to a visa for The Netherlands. How easy that is I'm not sure. Maybe the people on the Thailand-UK http://www.thailand-uk.com/ forum will help more.

But I don't see any problem getting a visa, especially if you buy return tickets and state clearly that you are going for your mothers birthday.

Good luck.

Hi Makavelli,

Your wife's fiancée visa is single entry. Therefore if she leaves the UK before obtaining the settlement stamp then she will need another visa to return. If she doesn't have one she will risk being refused entry on her way back.

Once she has the settlement stamp in her passport then she can leave and return to the UK as often as she wishes within the stamp's validity without having to get another visa. As she will still be travelling on her Thai passport she will still require visas for other countries you may wish to visit although these should be straightforward to obtain as she would now have settled status in the UK.

The settlement stamp will allow your wife to remain in the UK for 2 years near the end of which she will have to apply to the Home Office for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). Once she's held ILR for one year she can seek naturalisation as a British citizen.

Cheers,

Scouse.

ps. You could always have a romantic honeymoon in Liverpool instead.

Hi Makavelli,

Your wife's fiancée visa is single entry. Therefore if she leaves the UK before obtaining the settlement stamp then she will need another visa to return. If she doesn't have one she will risk being refused entry on her way back.

Once she has the settlement stamp in her passport then she can leave and return to the UK as often as she wishes within the stamp's validity without having to get another visa. As she will still be travelling on her Thai passport she will still require visas for other countries you may wish to visit although these should be straightforward to obtain as she would now have settled status in the UK.

The settlement stamp will allow your wife to remain in the UK for 2 years near the end of which she will have to apply to the Home Office for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). Once she's held ILR for one year she can seek naturalisation as a British citizen.

Cheers,

Scouse.

ps. You could always have a romantic honeymoon in Liverpool instead.