Public Phone At The Arrival

3183h

Good evening,

Last time, I was in BKK at the baggage claim area, I would like to find a public phone inside before going out to meet anyone. Believe it or not, I had a 5-baht coin, but could not find any single phone that I could call outside. There was an internal phone (red phone), instead. I could not use this phone to dial outside line. (I got the coin from the Bank, near the baggage claim area.) (I realize that due to security reason, there was no phone at the Immigration area. However, when I passed the immigration area toward the baggage claim, I could not find any.)

Does anyone know whether there are any public phones (coin-operated) near the baggage claims before leaving the custom and going outside? I plan to be in BKK again within three months. I would like to let my friend know that I am still inside the terminal. That's all. Thank you.

Why not get your friend to send you a Thai Sim card with Credit on it

Or, almost as easy, the second you step out of the baggage claim area into the terminal area, there will be outlets by AIS and DTAC selling you a SIM with some credit for around 100 baht.. easy easy..

• 2 weeks later...

I makes me laugh when people just say 'buy a SIM' when all somebody want to do is make a phone call particularly when the person in question would be standing in a multi-million dollar airport!

If they were in a small village and needed a phone sure buy a SIM . . . but in an airport!

Anyway I haven't seen any inside need the baggage claim area but there is local and international phone outside the arrivals door. Barge your way through the taxi and hotel touts and there is several dotted around.

:o