20 Rai Of Potatoes In Ubon Ratchathani Province

kdc1899

My wife decided to farm potatoes this year instead of rice.

In the past she would deliver the harvested rice to the mill down the road and get paid for the product.

She has no idea where to sell the potatoes.

Anyone know where in Ubon Ratchathani Province (near Ubon city preferabaly) a farmer can sell potatoes?

Any potatoe chip processors or something similiar that uses potatoes in their operation (near Ubon).

Thanks in advance

Also,

Anyone know of a house for rent in Ubon R city or near; or, in Phibun Mangsahan or near?

I also need one or two ladys that have childcare experience to assist my wife in Ubon R city.

A local teacher who needs extra work would be what I am looking for but a gal who can cook and clean is also needed.

Thanks again in advance

Ken

As for the potatoes I suggest your wife contact Makro, Big C, and/or Tesco/Lotus. :o

For your other requests - call Ting 0868686661 in WrongWay Cafe, she might be able to help you,

or direct to the right people! :D

Hi Ken,

I have recently bought a new house for my daughter and the rest of her family and the old house is vacant. She is trying to sell the old house but after talking to her she tells me that she is willing to rent it. It is near the bus station (near Big C) and is currently vacant.

She is a Thai national so perhaps your good lady would like to talk on the phone. E-mail me with your phone number if you are interested.

Jim.

In the past she would deliver the harvested rice to the mill down the road and get paid for the product.

Anyone know where in Ubon Ratchathani Province (near Ubon city preferabaly) a farmer can sell potatoes?

Any potatoe chip processors or something similiar that uses potatoes in their operation (near Ubon).

Thanks in advance

Perhaps she should have thought about this before she grew them?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps she should have thought about this before she grew them?

Its the Thai way of doing things and I....Like It..... :o

20 Rai of spuds...and I can hardly grow enough to make up a bag of chips....but am still trying....

As said above talk to Tescos-C4-Big C or the local branch of Harry Ramsdons and good Luck...(and foresight) :D

Thanks in advance

kdc1899, i have copied your above post onto the farming forum, it does give more detail than what you posted there, and the issan farmers can give you better advice with your dilema, good luck!

ps, if you regard this post to be in error, i will ask a mod to remove it imediatley.

Best Regards, Lickey.

Nice to hear someone is growing spuds in Ubon. I've argued with my wife so many times over growing potatoes as she always tells me they grow potatoes up in Chiang Mai as the weather is much cooler up there. Now I can say no they grown them in Ubon also.

I would bet that his wife has 20 rai of mun Thai (cassava) rather than 20 rai of mun farang (potato). I don't know anyone who would plant difficult to grow potatoes without having a market and a lot of expertise.

Thai wife says the potatoes are mun farang. Her mom says that there is a factory in Ubon city that buys potatoes and uses them to make bio fuel.

This is all new to me. She's been telling me that she does not know where she is going to sell the potatoes.

The land is near Phibun Mangsahan.

I'm not in Thailand so I don't know much about this farm thing.

I think her mom is calling the shots.

Edit: Now the potatoes are cassava.

I guess she didn't understand me the first time. These are not " potato, same we eat in restaurant".

Must be cassava

Edited by kdc1899

Thai wife says the potatoes are mun farang. Her mom says that there is a factory in Ubon city that buys potatoes and uses them to make bio fuel.

This is all new to me. She's been telling me that she does not know where she is going to sell the potatoes.

The land is near Phibun Mangsahan.

I'm not in Thailand so I don't know much about this farm thing.

I think her mom is calling the shots.

Edit: Now the potatoes are cassava.

I guess she didn't understand me the first time. These are not " potato, same we eat in restaurant".

Must be cassava

Why don't you dig up one of the plants and have a look. If in doubt try to cook them and taste. It can't be too dangerous.