15 Year Old Boy Killed In Sukhumvit Road Crash

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: June 30th 2008

15 year old boy killed in Sukumvit road crash.

On Monday Morning, Police and Rescue Workers were called to the Sukumvit Road in North Pattaya to deal with a fatal road accident near road-works.

The accident occurred near the construction of a new Motorway link overpass. Khun Padoongiet aged 15 was killed in the single-vehicle accident and according to witnesses, he was driving very fast and collided with a cement barrier at the construction site.

The victim’s family have been informed of the accident and we would like to remind all drivers that road-works are ongoing on this stretch of the Sukumvit Road and we urge you to reduce your speed when approaching the area.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya One News

Darwin award.

He was quite a few years short of being able to drive legally.

Mai Pen Rai.

Just a kid - who shouldn't have been driving a mo'bike - it ain't legal - because he doesn't have the nous to drive without speeding.

Whose mo'bike was it?

Bluelotus may I suggest you hold back on your comments and consider how you would feel if a 15 year old illegal driver hits you putting you in hospital at great expense that you would never recoup.

This type of driver is a menace to society and in his case Karma has prevailed. Giving excuses due to his age is, in my opinion not logical. Remember the saying, its not the gun that kills, it the one pulling the trigger. Try to think about a Motorcycle as a gun

Bluelotus may I suggest you hold back on your comments and consider how you would feel if a 15 year old illegal driver hits you putting you in hospital at great expense that you would never recoup.

This type of driver is a menace to society and in his case Karma has prevailed. Giving excuses due to his age is, in my opinion not logical. Remember the saying, its not the gun that kills, it the one pulling the trigger. Try to think about a Motorcycle as a gun

He killed only himself , uncanny this group on here your guys really turn my stomach ,

Spare me the hypothetical events.

He killed only himself , uncanny this group on here your guys really turn my stomach ,

My arthritic ankle is not hypothetical. Rather it was the result of a driver who decided that red traffic lights did not apply to him and just ploughed through at high speed. Nobody here is revelling in this child's death. Actually looking at their posts, I rather think they are. Maybe you do have a point, bluelotus. Anyway, this is Thailand, yesterday's news is forgotten quickly, nobody cares. If they did, they would do something about the carnage on the roads. 50 people a day die on Thailand's roads. Utter madness.

Quite right Sir/Madam, he killed only himself. there for the Grace of god go you and I. If respect for the law, driving regulations, safety of other roadusers and the driving with required insurance makes me an old fart - then so be it !

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: June 30th 2008

15 year old boy killed in Sukumvit road crash.

On Monday Morning, Police and Rescue Workers were called to the Sukumvit Road in North Pattaya to deal with a fatal road accident near road-works.

The accident occurred near the construction of a new Motorway link overpass. Khun Padoongiet aged 15 was killed in the single-vehicle accident and according to witnesses, he was driving very fast and collided with a cement barrier at the construction site.

The victim’s family have been informed of the accident and we would like to remind all drivers that road-works are ongoing on this stretch of the Sukumvit Road and we urge you to reduce your speed when approaching the area.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya One News

No problem with the report but i cannot see why we have to go the Thai way and publish the photograph showing the lifeless body of the the deceased.

May he rest in peace, and sympathies to his family who have lost a 15 year old son.

marshbags how :o

Edited by marshbags

I can't try to think of a motorcycle as a gun because I'm not enough of an idiot to do so.

You think that a 15 year old deserves the death penalty because he did what almost other Thais have done when they were that age?

How about you get a gun and shoot every 15 year old riding a motorbike? That's what should be done according to your logic.

Keep your a-hole opinions to yourself.

You're scum of the Earth for saying a 15 year old kid deserved to die.

Hopefully, Karma will prevail with you.

DOING WHAT OTHERES DO DOESNT MAKE IT ANY LESS DANGEROUS - OR LEATHAL. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VERY UNFORTUNATE. BUT ANYONE WITH A LOGICAL BRAIN CAN SEE WHAT IS MEANT BY THE GUN ANALOGY. GIVING A MOTORBIKE TO A 15 YEAR OLD KID IS THE SAME AS GIVING HIM A LEATHAL WEAPON I.E. - A GUN . IT IS RUSSIAN ROULETTE TO USE YET ANOTHER GUN ANALOGY. GUNS ARE DANGEROUS IN THE WRONG HANDS AS ARE MOTORBIKES - THEY ARE NOT TOYS.

IF YOU GIVE YOUR UNDERAGE CHILD A MOTORBIKE, THEN YOU MUST BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT MAY HAPPEN. CHILDREN ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE - THEY ARE CHILDREN.

Edited by whatsoever

DOING WHAT OTHERES DO DOESNT MAKE IT ANY LESS DANGEROUS - OR LEATHAL. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VERY UNFORTUNATE. BUT ANYONE WITH A LOGICAL BRAIN CAN SEE WHAT IS MEANT BY THE GUN ANALOGY. GIVING A MOTORBIKE TO A 15 YEAR OLD KID IS THE SAME AS GIVING HIM A LEATHAL WEAPON I.E. - A GUN . IT IS RUSSIAN ROULETTE TO USE YET ANOTHER GUN ANALOGY. GUNS ARE DANGEROUS IN THE WRONG HANDS AS ARE MOTORBIKES - THEY ARE NOT TOYS.

IF YOU GIVE YOUR UNDERAGE CHILD A MOTORBIKE, THEN YOU MUST BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT MAY HAPPEN. CHILDREN ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE - THEY ARE CHILDREN.

I don't disagree with you.

But let's talk about the degree of danger here.

I was riding a dirt bike when I was as young as 12 years old.

I wasn't doing this on a regular highway, but I was fully capable of controlling the bike.

I don't recall any news story of a 15 year old killing someone with his motorbike.

And yet I see them riding every day when I'm in Pattaya.

This "motorbike as a gun" analogy was ridiculous because of the difference in the degree of danger.

There's a difference between ridng a motorbike from point A to B, and pointing a gun a shooting.

Please try to see that.

For a guy to say that a 15 year old who has died, derserved it for riding a motorbike is extremely callous and insensitive.

This was a tragedy. I don't even want to think about what kind of person can be satisfied with this tragedy.

That was the reason for my post.

14 posts and only one RIP, what does that say about us? Even bluelotus, for all his self righteous posturing, never offered that simple wish.

Yes he was stupid riding a bike underage, no licence, probably no training. Yes his parents were stupid for letting him out on a bike, but did they know he was out at the time and where he was? Yes the Thai police are stupid and/or negligent for allowing kids to ride motorbikes. Yes he could have maimed and killed an innocent person.

We have all done dumb things in our lives and got away with them, this poor lad just didn't know his number was up. One of these days a poster on ThaiVisa may do something stupid and end up dead. I would guess we'd all wish for a bit of respect from our peers if that happened, but I wonder just what is the value of anonymous respect for someone we never knew?

In the end it was just another senseless death in a country that worries more about losing face over a temple than the life of a 15 year old.

btw (FWIW) RIP to the lad and condolences to family and friends.

Guns, handled correctly, are perfectly safe. ditto motorbikes.

Of course you can make comparisons between guns and motorbikes. I can make several.

That wasn't my point.

This guy said it in the same breath as saying the kid deserved what he got, chalking one up for "Karma".

You're right PhilHarries, but I think bluelotus and I were so shocked at the sentiment expressed in this thread, that I for one forgot to pay my respect.

Rest In Peace

14 posts and only one RIP, what does that say about us? Even bluelotus, for all his self righteous posturing, never offered that simple wish.

Indeed there is only 1 RIP and I should add 1 "som nam nah" in post 5.

Not much sympathy out there for teenie bikers.

Strange discussion. I feel sad for him and his family. Nothing to add.

Instead of showing no sympathy for the teenie bikers, all you anger should be addressed to the BiB imho.

Why do all these people feel it neccesary to post there sickening remarks, just shows to other members how insensitve losers you are! Would you still make these sick comments if it happened to your family! I think not!!

I don't disagree with you.

But let's talk about the degree of danger here.

I was riding a dirt bike when I was as young as 12 years old.

I wasn't doing this on a regular highway, but I was fully capable of controlling the bike.

I don't recall any news story of a 15 year old killing someone with his motorbike.

And yet I see them riding every day when I'm in Pattaya.

This "motorbike as a gun" analogy was ridiculous because of the difference in the degree of danger.

There's a difference between ridng a motorbike from point A to B, and pointing a gun a shooting.

Please try to see that.

For a guy to say that a 15 year old who has died, derserved it for riding a motorbike is extremely callous and insensitive.

This was a tragedy. I don't even want to think about what kind of person can be satisfied with this tragedy.

That was the reason for my post.

Riding a motorbike on a dirt track (with adult supervision) is a million miles away from a 15 year old speeding along the Suhkumvit. Any parent who allows thier children to ride a motorbike are ignorant and irresponsibe.

For those who mearly express sypathy - i am sure it is only lip service and it hasnt put you off your dinner!

If more people expressed anger/outrage at the criminal behaviour of parents allowing thier kids to have motorcycles, then perhaps this boys life wouldnt have ended so tragically. Sympathy expressed by those not in the slightest affected means nothing and serves no purpose other than to satisfy the voyeristic tendancys of the self rightious

For those who mearly express sypathy - i am sure it is only lip service and it hasnt put you off your dinner!

If more people expressed anger/outrage at the criminal behaviour of parents allowing thier kids to have motorcycles, then perhaps this boys life wouldnt have ended so tragically. Sympathy expressed by those not in the slightest affected means nothing and serves no purpose other than to satisfy the voyeristic tendancys of the self rightious

Did you get lost somewhere? I was arguing against the guy who said the boy desrved to die.

You've got a problem with people who offer sympathy in a time of tragedy?

It's a gesture of humanity. A good will gesture.

Sorry you're such a bitter, hateful person.

Edited by MisterFingers

Did you get lost somewhere? I was arguing against the guy who said the boy desrved to die.

I am also sorry that you cant accept that it is wrong and irresponsible to give children motorbikes.

I am also sorry that you cant accept that it is wrong and irresponsible to give children motorbikes.

I said before, "I don't disgree with you." Can't you read?

Once and for all, I agree that it is wrong and irresponsible to give children motorbikes.

My arguments above were against the notion that the poor kid derserved to die like a serial killer deserves to die.

Why can't you understand the simplest thing?

I said before, "I don't disgree with you." Can't you read?

Once and for all, I agree that it is wrong and irresponsible to give children motorbikes.

My arguments above were against the notion that the poor kid derserved to die like a serial killer deserves to die.

Why can't you understand the simplest thing?

Yes i can read :D And i dont agree with the death sentence - all serial killers arent bad :o