Percentage Of Farangs In Thailand Who Are Here For Sex?

bonobo

I think a lot of tourists fall into the commercial sex scene. They may not necessarily have come for that in the first place but the availability, ease and the relative friendliness (more so in the past than now) of the bar staff makes it easy to get caught up in it all.

Yes, particularly if you're a gullible fool with self-esteem issues.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a lot of tourists fall into the commercial sex scene. They may not necessarily have come for that in the first place but the availability, ease and the relative friendliness (more so in the past than now) of the bar staff makes it easy to get caught up in it all.

Youve described me down to a T.

First time i came to LOS was when i was 24 because my round the world ticket stopped here, i ended up meetin an girl who lived 2 mile away from me back home, though id never met her before.

2nd time i came alone, stayed where farang girls where and it was so far easier pulling them then what it was back home.

3rd Time now id fallen in love with LOS, i travelled alone and it wasnt until my last week that i stayed with a Thai girl who i satyed with for that week, and visited her family.

Then i came back to see her, and whilst she had left the bar due to a sponsor and i stayed with her for free, i liked talking to the other girls and as i wasnt hardened to the scene the girls liked me as i was stupid to be buying them all drinks.

After this ive been another 5 or 6 times in all and have definitely turned into a sex tourist.

Thing is ive worked and lived in other very poor countries across Europe where the girls are slim and pretty and easily availabe i never go with prostitutes or use my financial status (which isnt that great) to pull girls.

Yes, particularly if you're a gullible fool with self-esteem issues.

Jonny Perfect, can you honestly say you never thought the girls were nice and friendly when you first met them.

Id be willing to bet you have used your financial status that you so often boast about to your advantage with the women.

You'd lose your bet (except in so far as any guy who can provide for their partner has an advantage over those who can't - that's perfectly natural).

As for finding them friendly? No, of course not. Use your critical faculties, man.

When you go to a shop and the shop assistant is friendly, do you think it's because they want to be friends for the sheer hel_l of it, or because they want to sell you something?

Go figure . . .

So prey explain your decision to grace walking street with your over inflated ego in the first instance?

If you also check out some of the once most famous faces that once graced the world on screen and stage and you might just get a peek at what lies in store for yourself in the future.

Methinks you guys need to realise that most of what I have written is fairly tongue in cheek.

I stand by my comment, backed up by my bobby charlton haircut and foie gras generated slash beer singha belly that on walking street 'every ant can be king of his own dunghill' whether full of dung or not.

Personally, I think I've been to that walking st seafood restuarant maybe 5 times in the last 5 years, and Lucifer maybe another 5; that's about my experience with the place - your mileage may vary.

As for my own desireability....well I am pretty confident that I am not here for the sex as I am past cruising around shagging skanky hos anywhere before I moved to Thighland; mind you I was never here for the sex....being that I am part Thai. Same as I was never going anywhere just for sex. I am not desparate or horny.

Yet!!!!! hahahahahaha hohohohhohohoho

As for our pal Bendix, I am fairly sure he came here already in a relationship so no, I don't think he has used his wealth to score chicks. And I doubt he moved here for chicks either.

For instance, my brother has to beat women off with a proverbial stick, and yet he has never shown the slightest interest despite a certain connection here (working here, living here on and off) - he is happy enough with the 'other meat' (the white flesh of a farang). So maybe he is in that .0000001%???! Just as well he isn't gay, otherwise he'd have to beat off men with a stick ,and that sounds painful.

What a maroon. What a castaway. What a gulla-bull.

Edited by steveromagnino

Bonobo, I think this is a great thread...highly amusing.

Personally, I am moving to thailand for beer, sun, scuba diving and kinky sex...not necessarily in that order! :o Now wonder where that membership for the Castle is....

Spot on dude! All of the above plus I like the food and I have a thing for elephants....thats not something kinky, I just love elephants!

Edited by BSJ

Let's see, this will be what, post 53 in the 28th topic on the same subject (in one form or another) over the last couple of years ?

It's probably more that 28 topics. I may have missed a few.

Just another "Why Are You Here", "What Keeps You Here", "Why Did You Come Here" thread, with a slightly more imaginative opening diatribe.

As an "amateur sociologist", the OP should know that (most) men think about sex between 20 and 20,000 times a day. It's only natural that on a forum that seems to be overwhelmingly male dominated, that there would be references to sex in one fashion or another.

Sheesh, try lurking some of the other Thai boards (especially the Pattaya-centric ones). Some of those places are 98% sex, with the other 2 percent dealing with where to find cheap travel (to get sex), cheap happy hours (to warm up before sex) and cheap food (to consume before, during and after sex).

If you were to scan the 2 million+ posts on TV, you'd find that a very tiny percentage of them are about sex, or the sex industry, or the people working in that industry, etc, etc (not to mention that such subjects are generally considered taboo and have a very short shelf life on TV). :o

The percentage of TV members that think bendix is a warm, caring, sensitive, funny guy is probably significantly higher than the percentage of TV threads that deal with sex. :D

I think the number of negative responses you've recieved thus far shows that many here (on TV) are getting fed up with continuously being asked (or told) that they are only in Thailand for sex. EVERY TIME one of these threads starts up, that's what it's all about, isn't it ?

Someone else coming up with a different way of trying to insinuate that (most) people (read: males) are here first and foremost for sex.

(Sex is like oxygen. It's only important when you aren't getting any !!) :D

Anyone who has gay friends is a wrong'n AND admtting to it!!!

Why would any normal red blooded male have gay friends?? That just aint right skiper. :o

Many gay guys are really funny and great conversationalists. Why not be friends?

One good thing about them is that they will almost always admit they are here for the sex (or came for it originally) and no if, ands, or buts about it. Honesty is so refreshing. :D

Why would any normal red blooded male have gay friends?? That just aint right skiper. :o

Many gay guys are really funny and great conversationalists. Why not be friends?

One good thing about them is that they will almost always admit they are here for the sex (or came for it originally) and no if, ands, or buts about it. Honesty is so refreshing. :D

No ifs and butts aye???

not that there is anything wrong with it (a Seinfeld moment, shesh).

''Many gay guys are really funny and great conversationalists''

Must admit that's probably true,but no way could i spend time in the company of gay men thank you.

Besides,the old man would be turning in his grave!

Must admit that's probably true,but no way could i spend time in the company of gay men thank you.

Mmmmmmm . . . . . he who doth protest too much . . . etc etc.

You have issues John. Deep issues. Is there something you'd like to tell us?

ask the ? another way.

if cheap sex with desireable girls were not available in thailand would you want to spend any time here.....lol.

if yes plewae give us some reasons. people here 4 work reasons need not answer, although who would want to work here wo cheap sex is beyond me.....lol.

I am lucky enough to be aquainted with one of Thailand's most famous expat pianists who does free concerts all over the country on a regular basis. He speaks Thai like a Thai and is always funny and interesting and raves on about being able to get laid when he feels the need and has for the last 20 years. He usually is always with friends, but if he comes into a restaurant alone, my buddies (who are all straight) will always invite him to our table and he fits in very well and is lots of fun. How can you worry about what your father would think about people like this? :o

You'd lose your bet (except in so far as any guy who can provide for their partner has an advantage over those who can't - that's perfectly natural).

As for finding them friendly? No, of course not. Use your critical faculties, man.

My faculties tell me most of the girls in the bars like to have a drink, laugh and a joke and some are genuinely lovely girls, my faculties also find it almost impossible to tell the difference between the ones who would have been genuine before they done that job and the ones that arent, hence my faculties tell me to just enjoy a drink and a joke with them, at least when there arent any men to speak to anyway.

And i would be willing to double that bet on one that says youve spent money one a lady of immoral virtue in LOS, hence youve used your wealth to your advantage, thats not to say its the main reasons you stay in LOS.

Why not next time you are coming/leaving thailand on a aeroplane just look around and see who you think is/has visited for sex! Everytime i travel i see lots of groups of old men, young men and single travellers(men) which i pretty much have a good idea what there coming/going for!! You can work out your % from there. haha

i would guess taking into account backpackers and family holiday makers a good estimate would be 33%.

After all whatever you all say thailand has the most famous sex trade in the world along with amsterdam!!

You obviously don't know steveromagnino, UG.

I've been with him when people have literally stopped him in the street and asked to take his photo. True story. dam_n prettyboys . .

oh gosh, let's not get carried away - this is Thailand, where even little babies in strollers with milky-white skin get stopped on the street for pictures. I mean Stevie-O is cute and all, but a man needs to be a little more than a good looking strumpet. Lucky for Stevie, he is. :D

I've never thrown myself at you for sex, have I Stevie? :D

Why not next time you are coming/leaving thailand on a aeroplane just look around and see who you think is/has visited for sex! Everytime i travel i see lots of groups of old men, young men and single travellers(men) which i pretty much have a good idea what there coming/going for!! You can work out your % from there. haha

Bingo. One of the two largest sex destinations in the world, if not now the largest, including a brisk marriage-for-sale market, and we are still debating this question on TV. :o Some people need to believe.

Some shouldn't jump to conclusions either Kat - think the airline analogy is well off base. Guess we can say all single women on the planes are looking for beach boys, any middle eastern lad is a terrorist, any indian must be a tailor. Stereotypes are dangerous and I think if anyone should no better than it should be you darling. :o

However did cringe on one flight from NRT to BKK, group of elderly lads slapping themselves on each others backs on their future endeavours at Nana by the emergency exits. I don't mind if they are having their fun, but is it necessary that we all hear about it on a bloody plane? :D

Edited by britmaveric

Some shouldn't jump to conclusions either Kat - think the airline analogy is well off base. Guess we can say all single women on the planes are looking for beach boys, any middle eastern lad is a terrorist, any indian must be a tailor. Stereotypes are dangerous and I think if anyone should no better than it should be you darling. :o

However did cringe on one flight from NRT to BKK, group of elderly lads slapping themselves on each others backs on their future endeavours at Nana by the emergency exits. I don't mind if they are having their fun, but is it necessary that we all hear about it on a bloody plane? :D

Not jumping to conclusions - lived there for 4 years and the ratios are out there; not basing solely on the airlines, but they do provide sheer numbers to corroborate research on the transnational sex trade; and yes, I agree, stereotypes are dangerous, and I do know better, which is why I deal with truth and not hyperbole. :D

Of course you cant stereotype but like you britmavric i have also cringed on the plane when a group of men where passing around a book infront of all the passengers, the book was titlled " Idiots guide to bar girls".

Ive also changed my mind since my last post i would 45% r here for sex! and thats a bloody lot of people

Ive also changed my mind since my last post i would 45% r here for sex! and thats a bloody lot of people

You must have blinked and missed the other 25% that came in through the other Immigration lines, plus another 10% (+) that fly in through Phuket or arrive through other means). :o

Of course you cant stereotype but like you britmavric i have also cringed on the plane when a group of men where passing around a book infront of all the passengers, the book was titlled " Idiots guide to bar girls".

There is a book called "idiots guide to bar girls"? :o

There sure is! They were all drooling over it with a guy who has obviously visited thailand before explaining what to do once they get there and how to treat a bar girl and make sure they knew the prices etc...they were all sat in there seats drooling...I was just hoping the senior thai lady next to me didnt think i was visting for that same reason as i was alone male hehe.

Years past, I was a fairly accomplished equestrian. And since ahuge percentage of men in the business are gay, it was antrual that I had many gay friends. On rare occasions, the talk might superficially gravitate towards the sexual part of being gay (eg, how someone might tell his parents he was gay, or how does a gay guy know if someone else is gay,) but for the most part, we talkied about horses, the San Diego Chargers, politics, or whatever.

I do not know any gay men in Thailand, but one of my dearest friends here is a lesbian. And oddly enough, we flirt outrageously (all in fun, of course.)

I think the number of negative responses you've recieved thus far shows that many here (on TV) are getting fed up with continuously being asked (or told) that they are only in Thailand for sex. EVERY TIME one of these threads starts up, that's what it's all about, isn't it ?

Someone else coming up with a different way of trying to insinuate that (most) people (read: males) are here first and foremost for sex.

OK,I get your point. That certainly was not my intention, but it is obvious that many people took it that way, so I must not have been clear enough in my original post.

For the record, I was not trying to insinuate anything. I was honestly curious as to how many were here mainly for that reason. 10%? 40%? 70%? I just don't know. So I was not trying to tell anyone anything. I was asking.

I have a thirst for knowledge of both the significant and the mundane, and I know that can put people off. For me, learning something about vineyard diseases is just as interesting as about sexual behaviour, and I don't tend to differentiate when speaking (or posting) on such diverse subjects.

Yes, it's next to the book called ''An idiots guide to fleecing farangs who visit bars''

Cold weather, cold women and high utility bills - to name just 3 reasons for coming here in the first place.

The sexy, dusky maidens are a joyful aside to living here . Especially the ones half my age :o