Fantasy / Themed Hotels

gingercat

Hi,

I'm doing a feature on fantasy and themed hotels in Thailand. They may be short term, or long term hotels, but ones with round beds, mirrored ceilings, themed rooms etc and can be both in farang and non-farang areas. If anyone can recommend any please let me know.

thanks

Gingercat

I have deleted the 10 other identical posts in various sub forus & moved ONE to the thailand travel forum.

DO NOT post the same question multiple times in different sub forums. It will get you banned. Posting just once in the correct section will suffice.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice on posting multiple posts - am new here.

And thanks to all people who recommended the Red Rose in Chiang Rai. This is exactly the type of hotel I'm looking for. It looks great. And the lack of girls will not disappoint me! This is for a photo project!

Any more like this? Please let me know...

regards

gingercat

There's tons of places with mirrored ceilings, some for 300 baht for 3 hours! Massage places, love hotels, cheap places, etc. So, I'm thinking hotels with mirrored ceilings are not that special.

many cowboy-indian themed resorts in muak lek and pak chong:

one resort has chuck wagons, tipi's and cowboy rooms for rent

another one has a complete cowboy village, train wagons and tipi's for rent, you can even rent a nice room in the jail, all furniture is cowboy styled.

The Chiang Mai one looks nice on the website, but absolutely terrible by just looking at the place.. (Haven't been inside admittedly, but at 1300 baht a room (900 baht after midnight, incl. breakfast wouldyoubelieveit), it's rather pricey... there's a newly built semi-hi-rise hotel a bit further down the road that charges 499 a night, no matter when you check in.

The main issue I guess is the layout, which is a typical 'short time curtain hotel' where you drive into one of those boxes.. That experience is decidedly un-classy, no matter how cute the room. Then again, I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it.