How To Get Fr Hua-hin To Phuket? Scuba Diving In Hua-hin?

Nanni

Dear All,

my family and I gonna be in Thailand (Hua-Hin) very soon (10th July 08). My husband got some business to do in Phuket. So we plan to go fr Hua-Hin to Phuket for a few days. Can anyone tell us, which is the best way to travel ?? Are there any flights between Hua-Hin and Phuket?? Or we have to fly via Bangkok (that we don´t want to).

Apart from that my daughter want to learn Scuba Diving in Hua-Hin. Can someone tell me, if there are any nice places near Hua-Hin where you can learn and do Deep Sea Scuba Diving???

Your advise will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Nanni

Hua Hin busses to the south

Ranong/Phuket - departures are at 08.00/10.00/13.00/17.00/18.00/24.00 all from the bus station. PRICE 225 Baht (Ranong)/ 339 Baht (Phuket).

http://www.tourismhuahin.com/busses-huahin.php

But I'm sure some members from around Hua Hin will know better than me :o

Hua Hin related movies on YouTube:

LaoPo

Apart from that my daughter want to learn Scuba Diving in Hua-Hin. Can someone tell me, if there are any nice places near Hua-Hin where you can learn and do Deep Sea Scuba Diving???

Your advise will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Nanni

I'm not a diver, but knew a diving instructor in Ban Krut. She took many of her students to the area around Koh Talu, just offshore from Bang Saphan. I'm not sure if she is still working in that area, but Koh Talu has a resort, although somewhat expensive, I believe.

Bangsaphan is on the gulf side and about 220 km south of Hua Hin

Google for 'Absolut Wreck'

Edited by klikster

Greetings, the nearest actual diving site to HH is as said Koh Talu but Im not sure if the diving school is still there or not. The next is again as said Chumphon where the diving IMHO is excellent but there are only a couple of schools one of which caters manly for Thais. Your cheapest option is to head for Koh Tao or do your diving whilst in Phuket which also has some good diving but is seasonal unlike Tao where you can dive year round. Its probably cheaper there as well.Having worked on Tao for a fe yearsas an instuctor I wold opt for Tao over Phuket but thats just my opinion :o

Getting to Phuket is no problem. You can get several buses from HH or hire a car and drive. Its a nice drive just and if yourefrom the UK they even driveon the proper side of the road :D . There are several routes to go depending on whether you want the most direct or most scenic. Ive ridden all around this area and there are some beautiful roads.If you want anymore info just PM me cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings, the nearest actual diving site to HH is as said Koh Talu but Im not sure if the diving school is still there or not. The next is again as said Chumphon where the diving IMHO is excellent but there are only a couple of schools one of which caters manly for Thais. Your cheapest option is to head for Koh Tao or do your diving whilst in Phuket which also has some good diving but is seasonal unlike Tao where you can dive year round. Its probably cheaper there as well.Having worked on Tao for a fe yearsas an instuctor I wold opt for Tao over Phuket but thats just my opinion :o

Getting to Phuket is no problem. You can get several buses from HH or hire a car and drive. Its a nice drive just and if yourefrom the UK they even driveon the proper side of the road :D . There are several routes to go depending on whether you want the most direct or most scenic. Ive ridden all around this area and there are some beautiful roads.If you want anymore info just PM me cheers :D

Hi there,

THKs for the Info.

I am in Hua-Hin right now and will head to Phuket around 24-28 July... I decided to take a flight to save time, but not saving money

:-((

If anyone interested to meet for a coffee or a drink (need some Tips for Hua-Hin Info). Would be glad to hear from you guys...

Cheers,

Nanni