How Many Foriegners Reside In Thailand?

ray23

I've tried this before and really never got an answer. It seems to be a well kept secret.

How many from which countries?

How many premaneant resident visa's are really issued?

I know the quotas are a 100 per year, but how many actually apply?

The rumor is they are impossible to get yet I see where people have applied and have got them. So one way or another some information must be incorrect.

I've tried this before and really never got an answer. It seems to be a well kept secret.

The rumor is they are impossible to get yet I see where people have applied and have got them. So one way or another some information must be incorrect.

I reside here as I work here. Does that count. Anyways, you need to get those kind of stats from someone at Immigration me thinks.

To substatiate if the rumours are true about them being impossible to get, why don't u ask someone with PR? Suffice to say if they have it, then I guess it ain't impossible. But what do I know, I didn't graduate from Chula.

100 per year each country last time I looked. Should ask the Chinese they seem to get them easy still or found some loop holes. You’re not aloud to apply if you hold multiple entry visa.

Immigration is a good idea tried four times now and never have gotten an answer, yes if you work here you contibute to the the Thai eceonmy adn of cirse that matters.

You see the real reason for the question is that for the most part those who are here in a non tourist capacity. seem to be totaly forgotten in scheme of things.

Unless I miss my guess, that group of people contribute a lot of money to Thai society day in and day out. For example most guys that I know who are retired here like me bring in excess of a million a year.

Now as to the permaneant residency permot, although I do bring in a spend this money. I donlt qaulify. I have a Non O based on retirement thus I can not obtain a work pemit, wihout violating the law. No work permit no P.R.V.

So what I'm seeing is baby boomers retiring. The simple fact is your retirement money goes further here for most of us then our home countries.

By the way I'm not complaining, I do just fine jumping through the hoops each year. But the Asian country that finds a way to cater to these group of retires will end up with one heck of a lot of repeat money.

Were the odd lot certainly don't represent the money to the bar and hotel groups, but to the economies where we live we do contribute. But as anyone can tell the emphasis is toward the tourist trade.

I just believe Thailand woudl do better with a little recogno ition for the forgottem group that grows daily.

Immigration is a good idea tried four times now and never have gotten an answer, yes if you work here you contibute to the the Thai eceonmy adn of cirse that matters.

You see the real reason for the question is that for the most part those who are here in a non tourist capacity. seem to be totaly forgotten in scheme of things.

Unless I miss my guess, that group of people contribute a lot of money to Thai society day in and day out. For example most guys that I know who are retired here like me bring in excess of a million a year.

Now as to the permaneant residency permot, although I do bring in a spend this money. I donlt qaulify. I have a Non O based on retirement thus I can not obtain a work pemit, wihout violating the law. No work permit no P.R.V.

So what I'm seeing is baby boomers retiring. The simple fact is your retirement money goes further here for most of us then our home countries.

By the way I'm not complaining, I do just fine jumping through the hoops each year. But the Asian country that finds a way to cater to these group of retires will end up with one heck of a lot of repeat money.

Were the odd lot certainly don't represent the money to the bar and hotel groups, but to the economies where we live we do contribute. But as anyone can tell the emphasis is toward the tourist trade.

I just believe Thailand woudl do better with a little recogno ition for the forgottem group that grows daily.

My hasband from US and wonder how many US people live in Thailand.

and where is the US community

I am not sure how many of us there are and I haven't ran into anything organized enough to call a community, but tell your Husband greetings from a fellow American.

If he ever feels like chatting have him drop me a PM

Not necessarily true about the work part, my understanding is that as long as you have had a non immigrant visa of some kind for three years consecutively, then you can apply, it then falls to which category you apply under. You can even get in as an expert in a particular field. Even as a student having completed three years on such a visa consecutively you can apply. Though work would be the easiest route, so I wouldn't give up yet if I were you. I will be applying under the student catergory, having completed a higher degree here and doing another at the same time.

My hasband from US and wonder how many US people live in Thailand.

and where is the US community

Probably the closet thing to an American community is the Nichada Thani area around the International School Bangkok (ISB), the largest American school. They do tend to be full package expats with families.

TH

In Issan Udon is a good bet there is a VFW here.

Hadn't thought about school and that is something I would enjoy got about a year of language classes in now b so I would have to get that up to go to higher education.