Toyota Innova

I was thinking of buying a Fortuner but am put off by the fact that it has a solid rear axle (same as a pickup). Saw a Toyota Innova last week on second road and was very impressed with the space and the 7 seats. All the benifits of the Fortuner but with independant suspension all round, a lighter car and the smaller 2.5 litre D4D diesel engine and 2 wheel drive. Also a bit cheaper than the Fortuner.

Does any one have any experience with these cars. Good or bad.

Cheers,

Rob.

Edited by Ground Engineer

Innova gets my vote for the ugliest car around.

Also I would not call it a SUV, where the S stands for "Sport".

For a Mommie Wagon a better choice would be the Wish.

Unless you really want the diesel.

I think the sales figures for the two cars reflect this.

I was thinking of buying a Fortuner but am put off by the fact that it has a solid rear axle (same as a pickup). Saw a Toyota Innova last week on second road and was very impressed with the space and the 7 seats. All the benifits of the Fortuner but with independant suspension all round, a lighter car and the smaller 2.5 litre D4D diesel engine and 2 wheel drive. Also a bit cheaper than the Fortuner.

Does any one have any experience with these cars. Good or bad.

Cheers,

Rob.

You are wrong about the Fortuner, it does not have a solid rear axle like pickup. Its competitor Isuzu Mu-7 does however, which might in part explain the difference in market share...

I am extremely happy with my Fortuner, about 23,000 kms on the clock and no problems, just a comfortable and roomy car.

/ Priceless

wow, when did the new fortuner arive? still have to see an independent rear suspension for a fortuner..last fortuner i saw had solid rear axles,,as well as innova, they just have coil spring suspension,, unlike the isuzu MU that has solid rear axles but uses leafspring suspension.

Innova gets my vote for the ugliest car around.

Also I would not call it a SUV, where the S stands for "Sport".

For a Mommie Wagon a better choice would be the Wish.

Unless you really want the diesel.

I think the sales figures for the two cars reflect this.

Mitsubishi Spacewagon > Wish