What The hel_l Are These Bugs In My House?

Bananaman

These moth mafia moved into my apartment when I was away!!!!!! I have been unable to eradicate them. I don't have any pets though. They must be eating my hair!!!!!!!

Every time I have asked the locals, I get the same reply หนอน norn. This word covers a variety of maggots and caterpillars but not earthworms usually. So now we know.

I had those little creatures in my Jomtien condo but have not noticed any of them in our house upcountry. Here we have many geckos so maybe the geckos eat them ?

If it hangs by a silk thread, it looks like case worm to me. Harmless creatures really...

These things have no threads attached to them. I have no doubt that they are harmless but their numbers are multiplying!

Hmmm. Have to disagree with all these high tech attempts at i/d.

You are forgetting the name of the OP. They are obviously fruit flies.

Sorry Bananaman, but you're going to have to change your name.

Maybe you've never heard the old adage:

'Time flies like the wind.

Fruit flies like a banana.'

they have a mouth at both ends and are equally at home going backwards or forwards. Really weird!! :D

Sounds like a few Expats I'v met :o:D:D:D

You beat me to saying that !!!

I get them too, or similar, here in Pattaya. More in the damp times I recall. They seem to come in waves, but less these days. I sweep them off the ceilings and if in reach squash them, and my pet geckoes have free run and get the ones I miss. (I must be sad git as I talk to my geckoes.... Yes, I do have an active life outside my home)

On the same page there is a "Thereupoda decipiens" aka a Long-legged Centipede. They say they found it in a remote cave in the interior of Borneo but I'm pretty sure I found one very similar (If I can only find the pictures I took) in my house near Korat. Does anybody ever found this "creature" in Thailand? Is it dangerous like some of his cousin ?

I have seem a couple of large centipedes in the Buffalo Bar and the girls run for their life leaving Sevurity to kill them, so I suspect they are very dangerous here as well. One girls warned me to keep away when I went to look... from a distance!

Do they have names? Can we send names and get prizes? Roger and Emily come to mind,, For my prize i shall take a holiday for two whereever as long as it is not in Morcombe by the Sea.

Congrats Patsycat

Roger & Emily it is please advise address so tickets for a wet weekend in Morecombe-by-the-sea can be forwarded :o

TBWG :D

PS don't forget to pack thermal undies and thermos flask!

I've got loads of those cocoons in my condo but I don't believe they produce any worm like bugs/insects. I think they produce little flying bugs that are not shy about flying in front of your face while you're trying to type messages on Thaifgtjheolgtkhelre Vishwerl;khewrtelrh............there goes another!

In Ayudhya once I encountered a huge centipede, about a foot long and brightly coloured in Red and Purple.

Nasty, aggressive bugger it was and it even raised itself up, hissing loudly and spitting what I presume to be venom.

I can never find a picture of it on the net....... anybody?

I have also noticed that Thai's in general don't know much about their poisonous/dangerous species which surprises me. Whilst in Isaan once with an ex, her family wondered as to why I banged my trainers on the floor before putting them on each time, I think that they caught on when a scorpion fell out once though.

You mean THIS?

In Ayudhya once I encountered a huge centipede, about a foot long and brightly coloured in Red and Purple.

Nasty, aggressive bugger it was and it even raised itself up, hissing loudly and spitting what I presume to be venom.

I can never find a picture of it on the net....... anybody?

I have also noticed that Thai's in general don't know much about their poisonous/dangerous species which surprises me. Whilst in Isaan once with an ex, her family wondered as to why I banged my trainers on the floor before putting them on each time, I think that they caught on when a scorpion fell out once though.

You mean THIS?

OMG! I haven't had lunch yet. :o

I had those little creatures in my Jomtien condo but have not noticed any of them in our house upcountry. Here we have many geckos so maybe the geckos eat them ?

My friend has them in his condo too, on the 12th floor !

As far as I can see in my house geckos will not eat them, don't know why. ( mi aloy maybe ) :o

As far as I can see in my house geckos will not eat them, don't know why. ( mi aloy maybe ) :o

I think they wait from them to hatch first, them gobble up a nice soft fresh one, as plenty of empty cases when sweeping up - well, not that many - but few flying ones

Hi, I'm no expert...but my friends at university in England once had something called "silverfish" which sound pretty similar to the description you have given....Could these be your mystery alien bugs??!!... check out the pics and info Wiki definition of silverfish

let us know if it is these strange creature things... :o

or something like this:

House_centipede.jpg

Iv'e found it folks.

They are cocoons of the case bearing moth:

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/clothes.html.

I was sure it was a cocoon/egg of sorts, I was a bit out on the Gecko's though.

On the same page there is a "Thereupoda decipiens" aka a Long-legged Centipede. They say they found it in a remote cave in the interior of Borneo but I'm pretty sure I found one very similar (If I can only find the pictures I took) in my house near Korat. Does anybody ever found this "creature" in Thailand? Is it dangerous like some of his cousin ?

they do have them here. they hurt but not as bad as one of the big buggers which bit me last year. couldnt walk for 10 days, over two weeks before i could put on a shoe. this happened my driveway on soi 11!