Pattaya One News - Is It A Gag?

Beacher

I just stumbled across a web site called "Pattaya One News" and I couldn't believe the silly little items they're running today. These guys must be terribly desperate for something to fill their site with (or the site's a gag).

It seems that 2 of the 4 stories featured at their site today are about shoplifters - an 18 y.o. woman caught with cans of Leo and some coffee from Tesco, and another one about a homeless man who stole a 95 baht bottle of booze from 7-11.

I suspect there are numerous instances of shoflifting everyday in Pattaya, but I just can't imagine any real (creditable) news group actually publishing a full-page spread in their papers or site to tell the world about certain ones involving such little items. They even include 6 photos for each story! I think I'd be far too embarrassed to put such petty little pieces into any news publication I was involved with (and ADD 6 PHOTOS!!!).

I think they're just showing the lighter side of Pattaya.

Makes a change from all the robberies, murders and suicides (Thais and farang)

on the TV every day. There was a time Pattaya was safe - not so sure now.

I just stumbled across a web site called "Pattaya One News" and I couldn't believe the silly little items they're running today....

It's clearly for the vision-impaired, judging by the font size on the website front page.

Or maybe they couldn't think of anything to put there, so just increased the font size to fill it?

i've been reading pattaya one news for a couple of years now - it's always the same. it's a mildly enterntaining read tho.

it's quite worrying tho, as the more you read it, the more you'll see just how many farang 'suicides' there are in pattaya. there is a least one a week.

d

:o

Edited by david1806