Guesthouse In Phuket

Manda

aaaahhhh! The options overwhelm me! :o

Does anyone have a good suggestion (or experience) for a nice guesthouse?

For the first couple of days after arriving in Thailand in december I want to stay in a nice guesthouse and then start looking for a place for long time rental.

Preferably not in a too touristy spot but it in the near vicinity. Doesn't matter where on the island and it doesn't have to be at the beach.

About a 1000 to 1500 baht a day....yes.. in the peak season :D A couple of suggestions would be great to start of with...

thanks in advance!

Er, you're going to have to narrow it down a bit. There are thousands of places. 1000-1500 is doable, but maybe a squeeze over xmas/NY.

You'll be very lucky to find somewhere long term within a few days - it can take a while and is a right royal pain in the arse IMO. You should start to narrow down on where you want to stay and find a GH that is within the vicinity.

I wasn't very clear I guess :o sorry!

Looking for a long term place takes longer I know. The idea was to stay in several guesthouses or appartments or whatever and maybe move around the island for a while to get a feel of the different areas. For now I am just looking for the first appartment or guesthouse to start with and was wondering if someone knew something nice. I am looking in the classifieds now and that looks very promising! :D

Hi Manda

There are a few places around this end of the world here at Nai Yang, whilst they are close'ish to the airport and a nice quiet beach they are not close to the flesh pots of Patong or the bustle of Phuket Town, so one's own transport is necessary.

You could try investigating Nai Yang House or Pen Siri Guest House, or P.M. me if this end of the world interests you. A monthly bungalow is an even cheaper & possible alternative.

L.K.

if you are wanting patong, i cant recommend Jinnys Guesthouse highly enough. really clean, nice owners, not a bad location, clean pool. it was perfect for me when i was looking for a place to live in phuket.

I just love Phukt346 and Baipho! The rooms look lovely and the prices are nice too! Maybe a bit to pricy for me for a longer stay but I'll remember them for friends coming over for a visit!! Really nice :o

I just love Phukt346 and Baipho! The rooms look lovely and the prices are nice too! Maybe a bit to pricy for me for a longer stay but I'll remember them for friends coming over for a visit!! Really nice :o

How much is Baipho?

Man, those two are geared up for birds!

prices vary from 1,350 to 3,300

But who nees a pool when you have the sea? :o

Erm, maybe you should see the sea...

Seriously, that's a lot of moolah. As it's initially for a short time, get somewhere cheap and cheerful. Don't waste your cash on arty-farty.

If you're going to live here fulltime, you need to start thinking in baht rather than pound, and as soon as possible. I wish it was a lesson I'd picked up on sooner. Do it.

About a 1000 to 1500 baht a day....yes.. in the peak season :o A couple of suggestions would be great to start of with...

thanks in advance!

Check this out: higly recommended!

Is it ok for a Family? does it have a pool? Price is excellent!!

If you have a family.. Is Patong really where you want to base yourself ??

Is the sea that bad over there? I guess you're talking about Patong?

I have been to Thailand twice, visited the North and the Krabi area in the south and Phuket Town. I have never really been to the touristy places like Patong or Pattaya before. Are they really as nasty as I hear and read? My boyfriend stayed in Thailand for 1 year and he definatly doesn't want to go there. I guess I am just curious, kinda want to see it with my own eyes. But not live there, don't get me wrong!

My boyfriend already thinks in Bahts, finds a lot expensive, I still think euro but it surely sink in fast when I get there :o

I have stayed in many in Patong. The best choice for cheapies is probably behind the jungceylon centre - dozens there.

My pick is not there, however, but a little further down the resort (and a better location).

http://www.casajip.com/

But you might not want to stay in patong, which is entirely understandable.

looks a very nice place,is it guest freindly.

aaaahhhh! The options overwhelm me! :o

Does anyone have a good suggestion (or experience) for a nice guesthouse?

For the first couple of days after arriving in Thailand in december I want to stay in a nice guesthouse and then start looking for a place for long time rental.

Preferably not in a too touristy spot but it in the near vicinity. Doesn't matter where on the island and it doesn't have to be at the beach.

About a 1000 to 1500 baht a day....yes.. in the peak season :D A couple of suggestions would be great to start of with...

thanks in advance!

Hi Try www.smilehouseandpool.com a good deal can be arranged for long stay low season.