Tranfer Money From Australia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Regularly transferring money form StGeorge and Westpac to SCB (SICOTHBK).

with ANZ the cost is $25 and exchange rate is ordinary!

i have got us a securecashxpress twinned loadable visa debit card, my fiancee has one and i have the other - i load the card via BPay for $7.95 and she takes it out at reasonable exchange rate

check out www.securecashxpress.com

This what it cost to give Oz ATM card for use in Thai. Pretty much all banks charge the same.

Some, like Siam City Commercial Bank do not charge for withdrawal, at least not for Citibank ATM cards.

From the bank log, to take 10,000B in Bangkok

26 Aug 2008 WITHDRAWAL AT O/S ATM BANGKOK THA 10000.00THB 043703260808 343.11 AUD

Here are the fees:

26 Aug 2008 FEE - WITHDRAWAL AT O/S ATM BANGKOK THA S963B172043703260808 5.00

26 Aug 2008 MASTERCARD CURRENCY CONVERSION FEE BANGKOK THA 10000.00THB 043703260808 3.43

26 Aug 2008 FEE - FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANS AT O/S ATM BANGKOK THA 10000.00THB 043703260808 5.15

So, if the withdrawal fee is removed, it's 8.58A$ to take 10,000B.

With the fee, it is 13.58A$

That www.securecashxpress.com site says "first withdrawal free", means 7.5A$ next time becomes 12.5 A$.

There is also 4 institutions involved: Oz bank - the source of cash, PayPal, this cash express site and, finally, local Thai bank that provides cash.

They all take their cut.

Even if we assume that 4 steps through 4 unrelated institutions will still cost less that 2 steps where only source Oz bank and Thai ATM bank are involved, the diffrence should be bigger to drive me from large banks that I know.

Just want to transfer some money to Thailand Siam Com Bank , I have a swiftcode simcothbk something like that and account number and name, does anyone know of which banks in Oz i can use to tranfer? Thanks for answer

I would also like to send some money in $AUD to Siam Commercial Bank via my internet banking. I have obtained the Swift Code which is SICOTHBK however my Bank internet page requests an Intermediary Bank Swift Code

FAQ on bank page says

Q: When does an Intermediary Bank need to be used?

A: An Intermediary bank needs to be used when you are sending any currency other than the local currency to the

destination country. As Australia is the only country where Australian Dollars is the local currency, all

Australian dollar payments must be forwarded via an Australian Intermediary Bank.

I wish to send funds in $AUD to obtain the benefit of the onshore rate.

Does anyone know who Siam Commercial Bank use as an Intermediary Bank in Australia.

Thanks

Does anyone know who Siam Commercial Bank use as an Intermediary Bank in Australia.

use SWIFT and forget about everything else. as simple as that.

A: An Intermediary bank needs to be used when you are sending any currency other than the local currency to the

destination country. As Australia is the only country where Australian Dollars is the local currency, all

Australian dollar payments must be forwarded via an Australian Intermediary Bank.

I wish to send funds in $AUD to obtain the benefit of the onshore rate.

I have been paying rent through StGeorge bank to Siam Commercial Bank for 2 years and first time from you I have heard of "Intermediary Bank" .

I always use same swift SICOTHB, send A$, never THB.

Sending A$ means the conversion is done at the receiving end. They still get THB, not AUD, so it is all local currency.

Check if that field is mandatory. Could be used when sending to, say, Post Office Saving account, that has to go through a bank.

Edited by think_too_mut

if anyone know:

every 7 weeks i ask a friend in australia to transfer some money into my bangkok bank account ( sent dollars ), been doing it for few years, no problem.

My Question: Could i do it myself from my national bank account to my Bangkok bank account on internet ??

if anyone know:

every 7 weeks i ask a friend in australia to transfer some money into my bangkok bank account ( sent dollars ), been doing it for few years, no problem.

My Question: Could i do it myself from my national bank account to my Bangkok bank account on internet ??

I don't see what your question is.

Why not? It's already available. What is the problem?

NAB is among the leaders in that field, if I can do it through StGeorge bank, you should be enjoing that feature too.

if anyone know:

NAB is among the leaders in that field, if I can do it through StGeorge bank, you should be enjoing that feature too.

thinktomuch, i just logg into my NAB and yes i saw NEW international transfer but before i could see what is all about i got this :

To protect the privacy and security for NAB Internet Banking customers, SMS Security is required for this function.

I do not have a australia sim card / phone.

Anyway how much it cost to transfer like said 2000 dollars ? are they sending the fund in australian dollars ? how long it take ?

I think for the transfer i get i paid 35$ in australia and 200 baht here

thank for the information

if anyone know:

thinktomuch, i just logg into my NAB and yes i saw NEW international transfer but before i could see what is all about i got this :

To protect the privacy and security for NAB Internet Banking customers, SMS Security is required for this function.

I do not have a australia sim card / phone.

Anyway how much it cost to transfer like said 2000 dollars ? are they sending the fund in australian dollars ? how long it take ?

I think for the transfer i get i paid 35$ in australia and 200 baht here

thank for the information

That SMS is a new craze, since May this year. Many banks use it.

You can get around it by calling the bank and asking them to switch that feature off. After identifying you, they gladly do that, and it's off for 24 hours.

No problem if you do that several days in a row. I had to transfer 50K A$ and then 30K A$. They easily disabled that SMS on 2 consequitive days and it was OK.

To transfer 2000A$ will cost you 20A$ + whatever the recipient bank charges. I have heard up to 600B (which is, conveniently, about 20A$).

You are sending A$ but they come in THB, that means you get a bit better exchange rate (onshore rate).

If you transfer by 3pm Sydney time, the money is there next business day(they exchange money xfers 2am Oz time).

simcity, one more thing about money xfers: the default is 1500A$.

Unless you have changed that limit, to xfer 2000A$ you would have to do it twice (1500 one day, 500 another day, double fee).

To change it, you have to go to a branch.

If you can't (as I could not as I live in Japan) then you can do it online. But...you will be placing a request online and the bank will send you a paper with PIN to activate the new limit (usualy to 5000A$). It takes a few days or a week to receive it.

Has to be your residency address - either in Oz or in Thai. No PO Boxes or office address.

Ideally, you would have changed your details about mailing address to reflect your residency in Thailand.

That SMS is a new craze, since May this year. Many banks use it.

You can get around it by calling the bank and asking them to switch that feature off. After identifying you, they gladly do that, and it's off for 24 hours.

No problem if you do that several days in a row. I had to transfer 50K A$ and then 30K A$. They easily disabled that SMS on 2 consequitive days and it was OK.

To transfer 2000A$ will cost you 20A$ + whatever the recipient bank charges. I have heard up to 600B (which is, conveniently, about 20A$).

You are sending A$ but they come in THB, that means you get a bit better exchange rate (onshore rate).

If you transfer by 3pm Sydney time, the money is there next business day(they exchange money xfers 2am Oz time).

Think Thank for the reply & information

I am award of sending only AU dollars to Thailand (overseas), the rates today are sell 32.09 against 26.27 in Foreign Exchange Rates – Australia, That is around 20% skimming!

I send some euro to my brother, got a bad deal as well, but I could not win there.

If I sent AU dollars to Europe, a bad exchange rate was waiting for them.

Edited by simcity