Approximate Cost Of Ipod In Pattaya

bobrcb

[quote name='Chaimai' post='2087252' date='2008-07-

NOTE TO SELF

Avoid excessive emotional comments after a night on the beer - they can look trite in the morning ! I still believe in Bob's cause though.

Don't worry Chaimai - probably a few of us thought the same anyway. But nice of you to offer to pay for the ipod :o

Actually Bobs post reminded me that one of the kids i sponsor at the orphanage has his 9th birthday in two weeks time.

I am going shopping tonight to look for something - but definately NOT an ipod !!

Mr B.

Edited by BROWNY

Not mention - she have a computer so she can load songs?

Indeed. An iPod is pretty much useless without a comp. with the internet hooked up.

On this idea of sponsoring a child. This interests me.

I too don't wish to adopt or anything like that, but I'd like to help someone out.

Please let me know how exactly you started out doing this so I can do the same. :o

Edited by MisterFingers

Just yesterday I bought a Zen Stone for my wife. It's just the basic model with no screen and it has a GIG of memory. It holds more than 200 songs that I got off her Thai MP3 CD's.

Her car CD player doesn't play MP3's. Plug this tiny little thing in the radio AUX. jack and it works great. Earphones come with it. The guy where I bought it had to make me a double ended jack cable for the car radio. The battery life is supposed to vary from 10 hours to 30 hours. It charges from the computer USB or a little AC plug in. I paid 2,000 baht for it.

To the OP, I have over 70Gb of music ranging through classical, hardcore, dance, rock, metal, punk, nu metal, trance, techno, etc and if you need to get the Ipod filled, PM me and I can sort it out if you can get to pattaya, or BKK on saturday as I am visiting friends and can take my laptop). I go back offshore in a week i think, so would be better sooner rather than later if required.

BTW, for what it is worth, I think it is a cool thing you have done...am thinking of doing same myself now that I read your posts...need to do some good things to balance out all the bad things I get up to. Mind you, with all the barfines I pay, I am probably already supporting numerous kids in the country! :o

Not mention - she have a computer so she can load songs?

Indeed. An iPod is pretty much useless without a comp. with the internet hooked up.

On this idea of sponsoring a child. This interests me.

I too don't wish to adopt or anything like that, but I'd like to help someone out.

Please let me know how exactly you started out doing this so I can do the same. :o

You can do this on-line via the website www.pattayaorphanage.org.uk - Select "sponsor a child" and they have all the details to do it on-line.

I am based in UK and they have an office in London - but i'm sure you can use this link from anywhere.

I am sent updates on the 2 kids i sponsor - and it costs about 1000 baht per month to sponsor 1 child.

Good luck - its a rewarding thing to do

Mr B

Edited by BROWNY

• 1 month later...
The recognised best player out there that does all these things is the iRiver Clix. The 8gb version (big as she will ever need) is £110 off the net. I have one myself and it is a seriously sexy piece of kit.

Excellent Choice but iRiver didn't make Clix anymore. I'll suggest the new iriver lplayer. I personally will choose the iriver over ipod because iriver players will come with a lot of extra features including FM tradio, voice recorder and more..

Hope he takes her some place and gets music put on said ipod because useless otherwise.

Believe it's possible to download music from any internet cafe. You will find they carry a large selection of thai music for this occassion. Best wishes to the op, I can't think of a better use of 1000 baht. In fact there's a film that comes to mind here, About Schmidt starring Jack Nicholson

Having brought up 5 kids of my own I know that when it comes to birthdays they know what they want, its down to peer pressure or "face" in thailand. The op is to be applauded for supporting this young lady all these years. At the Mercy Centre we have been trying to get 100 sponsors at 1000 baht per month for over a year now and have fell far short of this target. I would suggest that if anyone wants to help children in Thailand then 1000 baht is a small amount to give and I know Father Mike at pattaya orphanage and Pastor Fred at mercy would appreciate any support given. I hope your young lady has a great birthday and a bright future these children do not ask to be abandoned or to be orphans so any help given has to be for the better.

Hope he takes her some place and gets music put on said ipod because useless otherwise.

Believe it's possible to download music from any internet cafe. You will find they carry a large selection of thai music for this occassion. Best wishes to the op, I can't think of a better use of 1000 baht. In fact there's a film that comes to mind here, About Schmidt starring Jack Nicholson

..um, why don't preloaded some sound into machine so that she can enjoy it right the way.

Buy the way, the ituner setup is not that straight forward.