Apple/mac Repair Shop In Bangkok ?

thairookie

Bottom floor right side (towards the rear) of Pantip Is i think a decent place - used them twice - good service etc. i cant think of the name just yet but will try and remember.

Thanks. Even if you can't remember the name, are you able to describe the shop ? Do they service Mac only ?

The shop's not gone, i was there a couple of weeks ago. It's right at the back on the right hand side. It's on a corner too. I'm not sure if it has an apple sign outside but there are a couple of macs on a desk and a large flatscreen samsung tv that's easy to spot as the case is white not black.

That Shop is gone!

What's the problem with your Power Book?

Cheers.

The speakers are finished. More importantly, it's running on a old 10.2.8 OS at 600 MHz. I'm hoping to get it up to Tiger (been told Leopard not possible because of hardware constraints) so that I can run some new programs.

The shop's not gone, i was there a couple of weeks ago. It's right at the back on the right hand side. It's on a corner too. I'm not sure if it has an apple sign outside but there are a couple of macs on a desk and a large flatscreen samsung tv that's easy to spot as the case is white not black.

I was there yesterday. The opposite neighbour informed me that the shop had moved upstairs. The old shop has a website www.uficon.com on its signboard, which turns out to be iStudio website. I went up and saw a run-down repair shop and asked if they could repair Mac, and they replied "Yes!". But sadly, they told me they would not be able to replace the speakers on my PowerBook G4 because it would be very difficult to find spare parts. I didn't bother to ask them about the OS upgrade.

Now I think I've to go to a proper Mac sole agent. is there one in BKK ?

Every time I am tempted to look at Apple I change my mind because of service problems. I live out in the boonies and am fortunate to have a very good small computer shop that has handled every problem I have ever had with my PC's. Having to go to Bangkok for Apple service doesn't enthuse me at all.

YEAH, I know, Apple doesn't have problems. :o

Every time I am tempted to look at Apple I change my mind because of service problems. I live out in the boonies and am fortunate to have a very good small computer shop that has handled every problem I have ever had with my PC's. Having to go to Bangkok for Apple service doesn't enthuse me at all.

I'm a consumer, so I'm not here to defend any brand. Frankly, in my 5 years of ownership, I never had a single problem with the software. 1 hardware problem in 5 years I feel I can't really make too much noise.

Guest Reimar

I'm a consumer, so I'm not here to defend any brand. Frankly, in my 5 years of ownership, I never had a single problem with the software. 1 hardware problem in 5 years I feel I can't really make too much noise.

Apple is like Sony: as long as working there excellent products but if you get probl;ems with them, than you'll have problems: Parts and Cost!!

There is an Mac Service Center on Rama III Road, near Central. One other should be in Laksi Plaza, Corner Cheangwatana Road Viphawadi Rangsit Road near to the old Don Muang Airport.

By the way, I'm not sure the 600 MHz G4 can work with Tiger or if, maybe quite slow.

I run the Leopard 10.5.2 x86 on an Intel Machine with 3.2 GHz and 4 GB Memory and it's more slow than Vista with 2 GB on the same machine.

Cheers.

Quite happy with my Mac provider (for the last 15 years or so...? )

C.K.Tang

===========================

Power Pro Kom Limited / iStore

[email protected]

Room 4R50, 4th Floor, The IT Mall,

Fortune Town Building,

7 Rachadaphisek Road,

Dindang, Bangkok 10400

Thailand

Tel: +(662) 642 1111 ext : 4050

Direct line : + (662) 6420608-9

Fax : + (662) 641 0738

Mobile Phone (BKK) : + (6681) 5677 828

Just give Tang a call - he speaks English, too

(Just bought 2 Macbooks there last week and an MBP last year and and and...)

Apple is like Sony: as long as working there excellent products but if you get probl;ems with them, than you'll have problems: Parts and Cost!!

But very much unlike Sony, Apple has a very good warranty policy. It's an international warranty, and it covers everything. So if you go buy a Mac, factor in the cost for the 3 year extended warranty and you are good to go.

If you live out in the boonies of course, it would still be a pain and a major reason not to get a Mac, I agree with that. And if you are out of warranty, then indeed the parts are insanely expensive. Even though Apple is now using Intel chipsets and processors, they still like to push the envelope technologically and so they end up using lots of custom parts. Making out of warranty repairs expensive and slow.

As it happens I have been waiting for a screen replacement for my MacBook Pro for 2 weeks now. It's out of stock and was supposed to be there on 24 july, but now it's after that date and still out of stock in Singapore and so no one knows what's going on. Such things definitely wouldn't happen at the Acer service centers.

Edited by nikster

My Lenovo T43p has a three year international warranty. It is good until April 2009. Fortunately I have not had to use it but I have used the live support and the support people are very good. As long as the machine is under warranty, the live support is free.

Guest Reimar
But very much unlike Sony, Apple has a very good warranty policy. .........................................

As it happens I have been waiting for a screen replacement for my MacBook Pro for 2 weeks now. It's out of stock and was supposed to be there on 24 july, but now it's after that date and still out of stock in Singapore and so no one knows what's going on. Such things definitely wouldn't happen at the Acer service centers.

Just keep waiting, that's the excellent service of Apple :o

That's just the reality and what I had even meant: the available of spareparts!

Cheers.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know where in Bangkok can I find a shop to repair my Powerbook G4 ? I didn't buy it in Thailand to begin with.

Yes I'm also looking for a repair place.

The Apple Service Centre is at RAMA 3

Soi Samyan Seafood.

Opposite Central

Tel: 026782566

• 3 years later...

Apple warranty service in Thailland appears to be atrocious. I sent my nearly new 27" mac desktop in for service. It took one full month. When it was returned the two very specific problems I had were exactly the same. When the computer is on for a few hours the highlight feature stops working. The mouse will click on something, but it will not highlight, and the keyboard sometimes stops working too. The only fix is to re-boot the whole system. They were specifically told to leave it running for a few hours, and they would see the problem. Did they do that? Obviously not. How could Apple contract with such incompetent people? Makes me wonder about the wisdom of buying Apple products in Thailand, when the customer support, and service is so terrible. Very disappointing.