Hoegarten Beer

Vato

anyone know where else they sell Hoegarten beer (sp)? i ran across this small pub around rachada...and that $hit was good!...not bitter at all, even very mildly sweet...not cheap, but well worth the price....if they brng the price down, this beer will be some serious competition...even the girls i was with liked it...god i want a drink right now.

Hoegaarden! - Wheat Beer from Flanders/Belgium

why not mention:

"Roadhouse features a Glycol cooled beer dispensing system that delivers draft beer ....... from our chiller room. The system runs so cold that the dispensing towers freeze because of condensation."

one of my favourite beers for years, widely available in singapore, sadly not so in bangkok.

in fact its too bad that the beverage offerings in LOS do not match that of the great food available here.

i may have to go back to drinking beer after my 12 year stint in thailand drinking whiskey...:o....ever try that 'stella' beer thats suppose to be imported by the same people?

anyone know the contact number for the distributor? PM me if ya do!

To me it always seems to taste a bit ''stale'' here. It's also hard getting it served with lemon (and it's not the same with lime).

Is the wifebeater Belgian? It's so expensive I've never dared try one to find out (and it just caused confusion when I asked in the Dubliner).

ive only had it in draught form, but everytime its been chilled just right, never stale, but then again tis pub is pretty new....the size of the glass holds about 2 small bottles...for 200 baht...but when you break it down, its 100 baht per bottle, which isnt so bad considering the quality your getting, not as cheap as chang, leo or singha...but taste a whole hel_l of alot better imo...i'll pay it

Hoegaarden! - Wheat Beer from Flanders/Belgium

why not mention:

"Roadhouse features a Glycol cooled beer dispensing system that delivers draft beer ....... from our chiller room. The system runs so cold that the dispensing towers freeze because of condensation."

Your point being???

Is the wifebeater Belgian? It's so expensive I've never dared try one to find out (and it just caused confusion when I asked in the Dubliner).

Yes it is from Belgium. Hoegaarden, Leffe and Stella Artois are all from Belgium and all available in Bangkok. All three are available in Molly Malone's on Soi Convent.

Yes it is from Belgium. Hoegaarden, Leffe and Stella Artois are all from Belgium and all available in Bangkok. All three are available in Molly Malone's on Soi Convent.

Is there anywhere in BKK that sells bottles of Hoegaarden Grand Cru?

I know it's a Belgian beer, but is the stuff sold here actually brewed in Belgium (rather than Northampton).

I know it's a Belgian beer, but is the stuff sold here actually brewed in Belgium (rather than Northampton).

The bottles I saw were brewed in Belgium and imported by :

Company: BELGIAN BEER PARADISE CO LTD

Email:

Address: 66 soi pridee panonyong 26, Sukhumvit 71, North Phra Kanong Thailand

Zip/Postal: N/A

Telephone: 0851602366

Mobile:

Fax: 027117216

On Google no more information :o

anyone know where else they sell Hoegarten beer (sp)? i ran across this small pub around rachada...and that $hit was good!...not bitter at all, even very mildly sweet...not cheap, but well worth the price....if they brng the price down, this beer will be some serious competition...even the girls i was with liked it...god i want a drink right now.

oh. looks like these beer are sold in Thailand now :o (Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, and Leffe).

Thank you for the compliment of our beer. Hope you guys like them. We just open a new

market in Thailand, pretty good.

The bottles I saw were brewed in Belgium and imported by :

Company: BELGIAN BEER PARADISE CO LTD

Email:

Address: 66 soi pridee panonyong 26, Sukhumvit 71, North Phra Kanong Thailand

Zip/Postal: N/A

Telephone: 0851602366

Mobile:

Fax: 027117216

On Google no more information :o

For your information, The belgian beer paradise is not an authorized seller of Hoegaarden.

Anyone wants to know more information, please PM me.

Stelle and Leffe are both nice beers but I think Hoegaarden is to fruity and sweet for my taste buds. I tried that one in DK about 8 years ago and I still can remember the taste, I did not like it.

Stelle and Leffe are both nice beers but I think Hoegaarden is to fruity and sweet for my taste buds. I tried that one in DK about 8 years ago and I still can remember the taste, I did not like it.

Then you didn't try the Belgian beer with chocolate taste yet (Floris Chocolat) :D Can you believe a couple of years ago someone tried to import it into Thailand :o

• 2 weeks later...

carefour have it, also Leffe another famous belgian beer. Sometimes they even have Rodenbach.

• 2 weeks later...

carefour have it, also Leffe another famous belgian beer. Sometimes they even have Rodenbach.

Thanks for the tip on where to find that Grand Cru. That's quite a suprise that Rodenbach's in Bangkok now too.

You mentioned Leffe - there are some places in Bangkok that have that on tap as well. Had a "pint" of Leffe Blonde at a place on Sukhmvit Soi 20 recently. It's not my favorite of the Belgian pale ales but I guess that it's good for what it is.

• 2 months later...
Theres a fairly new restaurant in Sukhumvit Soi 8 that have it on tap, I think the place is called Roja but not sure.

Its about 100 meters down the soi on the right side.

/bp

I think that you are mentioning DET-5 ; 41 Sukhumvit Soi 8

Have a Duvel (or two)... a real killer. One of the rare things I was missing about my country.

I love that beer. It's sold as an expensive luxury beer in the UK but is dirt cheap in France.

InBev has done a really good job of marketing it and making the price competitive, by now it's a common supermarket item in most major cities and is not hard to find on tap either. At my supermarket in Singapore, for instance, a bottle of Hoegaarden White costs S$3.40 while a bottle of Tiger costs S$2.80. Other supermarket choices there of roughly the same genre are Paluaner Heffeweisen from Germany at S$5.05 and Flying Dog "In Heat Wheat" from the USA at S$4.50 per bottle. As sacreliguous as it might sound, the Flying Dog tastes better to me in this climate than the other two.

Edited by OriginalPoster