• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it raining now in CM?

Nope - it's been a glorious hot & sunny day up North :o

Strewth, might have to think about watering the garden, soon ! (that should put the mockers on it :D

And sure enough, 1 hour later, an excellent electrical-storm and very heavy rain. Look out down-river in Changers !

We ought to have a special 'smilie' for Smiling-in-the-Rain ! :D

What I'm worried most about is the effect of water entering all the electrical outlets, of which there are many near floor level. I assume this will short out the whole house. Any advice on how to avert this? Actually almost all my electronics, frigde etc are on the first floor. Of course I can move them upstairs, but not much help if the power goes...

Knock the MCB off or pull the fuse out of the dist' board for the downstairs ring circuit :o. If you're not sure, set the microwave off and knock them off one by one until she stops spinning :D. If you have a Safe-T-Cut jobby, it'll still probably cut the house when the water hits the dead sockets. There is a way around this which doesn't involve bypassing the Safe-t-Cut, but don't mess around if you're unsure.

Much of this is greek to me, but I get the part about cut off the circuit and it'll probably short anyhow...which is what I pretty much figured.

Had a few days reprieve but the surrounding water is still high enough that another good dfownpour will do it. Thinking of covering up the sockets with duct tape after cutting tyhe circuit if it comes to that in the hopes it might help...figure can't hurt?

Yeah, don't muck around if the water is that high. Turn the main switch off on the fuse box (distribution board), before the water even comes in and don't walk around in it. Good idea to cover the sockets up as well, although the water will find it's way in through the back no doubt.

Front arrived C/M 23.00 last evening.big storm then stopped for an hour before heavy rain began and its still bucketting down,if its raining to the north look out C/M.

I know, I got caught in it big time mate. The phone even got f*cked up and it was under the seat :o

Front arrived C/M 23.00 last evening.big storm then stopped for an hour before heavy rain began and its still bucketting down,if its raining to the north look out C/M.

I know, I got caught in it big time mate. The phone even got f*cked up and it was under the seat :o

Bad luck mate, next time remember to whack it in a condom, (the phone I mean )

T/Wifey happy ,I went out this morning and theres a nice size fish flopping about on the street,5 minutes later its in the pan,cor you gotta be quick. :D

I know, I got caught in it big time mate. The phone even got f*cked up and it was under the seat :D

Bad luck mate, next time remember to whack it in a condom, (the phone I mean )

T/Wifey happy ,I went out this morning and theres a nice size fish flopping about on the street,5 minutes later its in the pan,cor you gotta be quick. :D

Catfish :D

I usually refer my phone to condom abuse during Songkran and generally get away with it when it's under the seat, but not when the rain is belting down sideways at ya. The lightning dancing about overhead lastnight added to the excitement but my new trainers weren't too happy :o

That was sumthin alright Moog- was stranded up my soi for a bit there.., turns out the corner shopkeeper's husband has a good handicap and a collection of supersize golf umbrellas to show for it (lucky me;)... now home, only wet from the knees down but the power's out :o Letsee, just re checked the weather forecast for today and barely a mention. Ah well.

Edited by baht&sold

No H2O in bkk today but anybody else notice the humidity has blessedly dropped off a bit and it's the first cool-ish night of the season? They'll be replacing the wellies for woolies before long up in CM... :o

From JD's recommended Thai weather site:

"During october 16-20, high pressure areas from China will extends its ridge to cover northern and northeastern Thailand, causing decreasing in temperature 2-3 degrees"

Edited by baht&sold

We are just starting our rainy season, a tad late but not much really. Much better than last year when we didn't have any rain at all!

I look forward to the rainy season, just so long as it doesn't flood!

No H2O in bkk today but anybody else notice the humidity has blessedly dropped off a bit and it's the first cool-ish night of the season? They'll be replacing the wellies for woolies before long up in CM...  :o

Huh?? Here on Sathorn there was an unusually long and violent electrical storm for most of the afternoon, with torrential rain to match...

well, instead of a little rain, we got hit by the biggest hurricane since 1947, and had a few hundred people die, and many thosands displaced. The bar survived though was coverd in about 2 meters of mud....

We´re now getting things back to normal slowly.