American Jumps To His Death From North Pattaya

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: July 16th 2008

American jumps to his death from North Pattaya Hotel.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Pongsawat from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Markland Hotel located in Soi 1 off Pattaya Second Road early on Wednesday Morning to investigate reports of an apparent suicide involving a foreign man.

At the scene, Police inspected the body of Mr. Christopher Kerry Rozier aged 41 from California, USA. He was known to be residing at the R-Con Apartments in Soi Boekeow in room number A315, however Police are unsure why he apparently chose the Markland Hotel to jump from.

The body was found on a flat roof of an adjoining building. An apparent suicide note was found in his trouser pocket which requested that two people back in the USA should be contacted, one of which was his former Thai Wife, Khun Sujittra who resides in USA.

The note also gave permission for his organs to be donated to someone in need and he requested that his body be cremated here in Thailand. A motive behind the apparent suicide has not been determined at this point and staff at the R-Con Apartments mentioned that Mr. Rozier informed them that he would extend his stay at the Apartments earlier this week.

The American Embassy have been informed of the death and Police are continuing their investigation into the death at this time.

The note also gave permission for his organs to be donated to someone in need and he requested that his body be cremated here in Thailand. A motive behind the apparent suicide has not been determined at this point and staff at the R-Con Apartments mentioned that Mr. Rozier informed them that he would extend his stay at the Apartments earlier this week.

Nice touch of humanity when he was feeling down, at least he can rest in Thailand now.

At least the note and body don't have to travel far as the American embassy is doing one of their Pattaya visitations tomorrow (Friday). Maybe they can put him on a pedestal and have a wake.

What is the relationship between Thai wives and suicide anyways...this American and the This guy on the same day?

"..... He was known to be residing at the R-Con Apartments in Soi Boekeow in room number A315, however Police are unsure why he apparently chose the Markland Hotel to jump from..."

Strange. I'm assuming that Markland is a higher building and he was perhaps looking for a 'sure thing'?

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: July 17th 2008

More details in this report:

AMERICAN MAN LEAPS TO HIS DEATH FROM PATTAYA HI-RISE

An American man was found dead on the roof deck of a karaoke building on July 16,2008, apparently having committed suicide. He left a letter saying that he loved Thailand and wanted to die here. Police assumed that he was distraught.

On July 16, at 10am, Pol.Lt.Col.Phong-sawas Wongwarn, Pattaya Investigator, was notified that a foreigner had leapt off a building, seemingly to commit suicide. The deceased's body was found on the roof deck of the old "Heart to Heart Karaoke", located behind "Mark Land Hotel", Soi 1, Pattaya Beach Road. Pol.Col.Nopadol Wongnom, Superintendent and Pol.Lt.Col. Chartchai Ruen-thawin, Deputy Superintendent with a police team, together with a doctor from Banglamung Hospital and Sawang Boriboon Rescue accordingly went to the scene of the incident to investigate.

The incident had occurred at a two storey building, which was originally a karaoke shop, but it currently belongs to the Royal Palace Hotel that intend to use it as a staff residence. Police found the dead body of Mr. Christopher Kerry Rozier (41), an American citizen, who was a driver of DMV California Company, lying dead on the roof deck. He was wearing a blue shirt and long, brown shorts. Some of his bones were broken and his head was badly injured. Police found a letter in his short's pocket in his hand writing, asking the finder to contact Miss Sujitra Rosane and Mr. Dick, his close relatives in the US, saying that he would like his body to be cremated in Thailand because he loved the country and did not want to return to the USA.

In addition, there was a room key from R-Con Residence, located in Soi Bua-Khao in his pocket. Police went to investigate the room and found two empty bottles of foreign whisky and some clothes belonging to the deceased. Police kept them as evidence.

Initially, police assumed that Mr. Rozier was distraught and did not want to go back to his country. Apparently, he had had too much to drink and got drunk. He evidently went to the Mark Land Hotel building and had gone up to the parking lot, which is above the 10th floor and leapt down to his death. Police sent his body to the forensic laboratory of the Police hospital to be examined and the American embassy will be informed.

AMERICAN MAN LEAPS TO HIS DEATH FROM PATTAYA HI-RISE

...committed suicide...left a letter saying he loved Thailand...Police assumed he was distraught.

Agreed :D

Police found the dead body of Mr. Christopher Kerry Rozier (41), an American citizen, who was a driver of DMV California Company

They found his driver's license, issued by the DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles).

...there was a room key from R-Con Residence...Police went to investigate and found two empty bottles of foreign whisky...

At least he had the good taste to go out with the good stuff and not Thai rot-gut :o

And forget about any staff now staying in this new residence quarters, fear of pi-farang will keep them away!

It's haunted.

I think that with the amount of jumpers there must be a number of lost souls floating around.

Seriously it must be one of the worst ways possible to commit suicide. One can only imagine the pain when they hit the ground and also someone has to clean up the mess. Terrible!

Cheers, Rick

Well Bangkok has its faire share of jumpers, but think its not so much news.

Reality of the situation as far as Patters goes.... people come to Pattaya trying to escape the major problems in their life. However they don't realize these problems follow them and they are just as unhappy in Pattaya as they were in their home country.

1. GF/Wife leaves them

2. Broke

3. Alcoholism/Drugs

4. Chronic medical issues

5. Mentally off balance

6. Alone

7. No support network (mates/reles to lean on)

8. Local Newspapers quick to report this sort of news, where other news places in the world, prob wouldnt report.

Edited by britmaveric

Well Bangkok has its faire share of jumpers, but think its not so much news.

Reality of the situation as far as Patters goes.... people come to Pattaya trying to escape the major problems in their life. However they don't realize these problems follow them and they are just as unhappy in Pattaya as they were in their home country.

1. GF/Wife leaves them

2. Broke

3. Alcoholism/Drugs

4. Chronic medical issues

5. Mentally off balance

6. Alone

7. No support network (mates/reles to lean on)

8. Local Newspapers quick to report this sort of news, where other news places in the world, prob wouldnt report.

Good points Brit, but this is very very sad. It always astounds me as to why these people choose such a horrible option to commit suicide. There are far less painless ways to do this if one is that way inclined. Do you think maybe they are making a statement by doing this in full view of the public?

The last time i went to Pattaya i had a ball and i just cant understand the mindset of the jumpers.

Cheers, Rick

"Good points Brit, but this is very very sad. It always astounds me as to why these people choose such a horrible option to commit suicide. There are far less painless ways to do this if one is that way inclined. Do you think maybe they are making a statement by doing this in full view of the public?

The last time i went to Pattaya i had a ball and i just cant understand the mindset of the jumpers.

Cheers, Rick"

I think that if you jump from a high enough building, then the suicide is painless. In fact it is probably the safest way to go, apart from bisection on a railway line.

Suicides by hanging might be unsucessful causing life long (vegetable) brain damage.

Suicides by medicines can cause life long suffering from organ damage or brain damage.

Suicides by firearms can cause lifelong damage to body tissue, organs and brain.

Drowning is supposed to be O.K. once you inhale the water.

I recall about ten years ago, a friend in the U.K. made the mistake of attempting suicide with paracetamol. She died in absolute agony, she was the colour of an orange and with skin like the singing detective, 24 days later................she finally died.

Edited by libya 115

"Good points Brit, but this is very very sad. It always astounds me as to why these people choose such a horrible option to commit suicide. There are far less painless ways to do this if one is that way inclined. Do you think maybe they are making a statement by doing this in full view of the public?

Cheers, Rick"

I think that if you jump from a high enough building, then the suicide is painless. In fact it is probably the safest way to go, apart from bisection on a railway line.

Suicides by hanging might be unsucessful causing life long (vegetable) brain damage.

Suicides by medicines can cause life long suffering from organ damage or brain damage.

Suicides by firearms can cause lifelong damage to body tissue, organs and brain.

Drowning is supposed to be O.K. once you inhale the water.

I recall about ten years ago, a friend in the U.K. made the mistake of attempting suicide with paracetamol. She died in absolute agony, she was the colour of an orange and with skin like the singing detective, 24 days later................she finally died.

Never thought of it quite like that Libya. Horrible.

I still wonder why it always seems to be in Pattaya though. I mean that there must be many people in Bangkok with the same kind of worries, emotional problems etc.

Maybe the views from the tall buildings are better in Pattaya. Just a thought.

Cheers, Rick