Webcam Not Working

Boater

HI

I have an SVOA Laptop with built in webcam, but it apperars to be not working now?

Does anyone know how i can find the settings, thus maybe turn it on again?

Thanks

Did you change anything in the machine? Install new s/w or hardware?

Go to the windows menu. Then click on run. Type in devmgmt.msc This will run the device manager. Find the Webcam in the list. Click on it. Make sure it says the device is working properly (it may not, in your case). From here you can delete the driver then reboot. See if it re-installs. Go back to the device manager and see if the webcam is listed and there are no errors.

Another way to fix this problem is to use the 'restore' option. Go to My Computer, right click, select properties. on the page that comes up, select advanced system settings. click on the system protection tab. select system restore. if one of the points contained there is at a time point where the webcam was working, you can restore that point. Note that the system restore will change everything about your profile to the way it was at that set point. This includes all windows settings, drivers, etc. Make sure you have all important files backed up to a different drive, just in case.

I did a search for SVOA laptop and a few results mentioned Pantip. If you bought it there you can nip back to the shop and have them sort it.

Good luck.

Edited by awakened