Japanese Karate In Chiang Mai

hml367

I used to do shotokan style quite a few years back. Be interested to start practice again maybe once back in CM.

Can you test for belts? Would my rank transfer or start from scratch? maybe best from scratch as its been a fair while.

I used to do shotokan style quite a few years back. Be interested to start practice again maybe once back in CM.

Can you test for belts? Would my rank transfer or start from scratch? maybe best from scratch as its been a fair while.

Yes, you can test for belts. We now do JKF Wadokai style, so that is what the belt would be for.

You can wear whatever belt you like to practice when you come. The belt you have is from whatever you tested for. You practice, we observe, then we make suggestions for Wadokai principles, etc. Once you take an examination with us, then you would wear whatever belt is appropriate within Wadokai.

What rank are you in Shotokan? Where did you train? You know... all those "normal" questions. hahahahaha And when will you be back in Chiang Mai?

You can email to [email protected] . We would be glad to answer any questions.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Mike

You know anything of activities similar in BKK??? Do I have to start my own?? lol... Wish I was there

What do you mean by similar, ozsamurai?

There is a lot of Japanese karate around Bangkok, relatively speaking. It is probably not free.

Or are you talking specifically about Wado Ryu karate?

Yes, I was talking about the free bit. I have found heaps of course if I am interested in shelling out a small fortune to train at some schools. I already hold my 4th Dan (Shotokai), Shodan (Kyokushin) so I am way past paying stupid fees, gradings and belts, just looking for a friendly group to train with is all. Looks like you have that on the way there.

Yes, I was talking about the free bit. I have found heaps of course if I am interested in shelling out a small fortune to train at some schools. I already hold my 4th Dan (Shotokai), Shodan (Kyokushin) so I am way past paying stupid fees, gradings and belts, just looking for a friendly group to train with is all. Looks like you have that on the way there.

Ozsamurai,

Maybe you should start your own and have it for free. Maybe you would draw people with similar interests.

Although the idea appeals to me, I have not been here long enough to build the knowledge of where, how etc.. I know community centers in Japan where I have been for the past 20yrs are available, but over here I remain relatively clueless as yet.... maybe one day. I just wishh I had a group similar to yours here where I could participate for a while to meet new folks and share a love of the art. Good luck to your group, I hope you do well.

I have been teaching for the last 5 yrs I was in Japan, strange isn't it a Gaijin (Farang) teaching the Japanese Karate...lol.. But like I said, I haven't figured out things here enough yet to do my own thing. Added to this, everyone wants a Japanese native as an instructor, go figure!! I could have made a fortune in several countries, fronting some working holiday Japanese guy as the 'head' of the school, never teaching anything of course, that would have to be done by his senpai (me)...its a strange world out there.... I am going along to see what Alex has to offer at the BKK Fight Club (2,000 a month for a MMA Class) and also I have been informed there is a club attached to Chula University which seems positive. I'll just keep looking.