Mackems

issanpaul

According to the Wikipedia, a Makem is: "a term that refers to the accent, dialect and people of the Wearside area, or more specifically Sunderland, a city in North East England".

Thank goodness I have no knowledge of Kumpawapi. Clearly nowhere near Surin! :o

According to the Wikipedia, a Makem is: "a term that refers to the accent, dialect and people of the Wearside area, or more specifically Sunderland, a city in North East England".

Thank goodness I have no knowledge of Kumpawapi. Clearly nowhere near Surin! :o

Thank you Nomad97

I thought it was just me!

I spent 49years in England and never heard of the phrase. Mind you, I was on the right side of the Thames :D (only Joking,Paul)

Dave

They're a horrible breed of people, I've actually just been there this morning, impolite, ignorant @rseholes, with a sh*t football team, and a toe curling accent that really gets on peoples t*its.

If you watch the premiership football on TRUE you might well know the place as Sunderland 0, as that is what is usually said in the scores round up. :o

No wonder they have a huge chip on their shoulders. But I suppose getting branded as Geordies wherever they go really gets to them.

John.....

Great - that's translated half the question. I feel suitably enlightened now having learnt a new word for the day. I'm from Yorkshire, and I'd never heard the word.

Now - does anyone have the slightest idea where Kumpawapi might be? Just out of interest, you understand, as it doesn't sound very Thai.

BTW Paul, I would guess the answer to your question is 'No' ... :o

Now - does anyone have the slightest idea where Kumpawapi might be?

About 25Km south of Udon Thani I believe.

Far west of Boise, I think.

That said, believe the turnoff to the left, if you're headed south, is 35 km south of Udorn at the light.  The main town is about 10 km down that road.  Got friends who live off to the west at about km 45 a few klicks.

Mac

Many Thanks for all the funny replys :D For sure there will be Mackems kumperwapi but not TV members,wherever you go in the world you will find a Mackem :D

Why are you looking for more then !

Is it some kind of O.C.D. Hey, If you clean alot too, pop round to my house, will you :o:D:D

Dave

The monkey's had better watch out if they were any people from Hartlepool there.

For those not in the no.

People from Hartlepool are known as monkey hangers, after they found a monkey from a sunken ship and promptly questioned it, hence the monkey didn't reply so they hung it believing it to be a spy. :D

Ludicrous I know, but sadly true. :o

John.....

after they found a monkey from a sunken ship and promptly questioned it,

And that would be after they got the water out of it's lungs then.

It's a legend that during the Napoleonic wars, the mascot of a French ship was hung for being a spy..... well, it was hairy, and French (took no prisoners then, not enough bananas)

Hey thanks, Made me think of the monkeys, cute litle crittres biggest thieves I have ever seen. So decide to practise Thai wth auntie. Asked her if she wanted to see the monkeys in Kumpwapi. Couldn't remember how to say I was only practising Thai. We will be down in the next couple of weeks. :o

It's a legend that during the Napoleonic wars, the mascot of a French ship was hung for being a spy..... well, it was hairy, and French (took no prisoners then, not enough bananas)

Thank for that Thaddeus

I often wondered where the origins of that song came from! :D

You are a legend on your own lunchtime. Full of use.... information, just like me. :o

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Thank for that Thaddeus

You are a legend on your own lunchtime. Full of use.... information, just like me. :o

Dave

And it's just a hobby Dave, imagine how much crap I could come up with if I really applied myself. :D

Many Thanks for all the funny replys :o For sure there will be Mackems kumperwapi but not TV members,wherever you go in the world you will find a Mackem :D

Available in Tesco/Lotus? :D

Thank for that Thaddeus

Dave

And it's just a hobby Dave, imagine how much crap I could come up with if I really applied myself. :D

I think you do well enough already :D

Saying as though the monkey was washed ashore and survived there was now reason to get the water out of it's lungs, besides I really don't think C.P.R. was practiced widely in napoleonic times.

I was merely trying to inject a little bit of northern humor and insight about the north of England and it's people, as true as it maybe.

I don't think I'll bother even trying to explain the smog monsters of Middlesborough.

http://www.dur.ac.uk/s.a.collins/monkeyhang.html

However anybody interested can look up the link above to find out about the monkey hangers.

John.....

I was merely trying to inject a little bit of northern humor and insight about the north of England and it's people, as true as it maybe.

And I was merely being pedantic, I've tried to stop completely and I can't, but I am down to two a day.

Saying as though the monkey was washed ashore and survived there was now reason to get the water out of it's lungs, besides I really don't think C.P.R. was practiced widely in napoleonic times.

I don't think I'll bother even trying to explain the smog monsters of Middlesborough.

http://www.dur.ac.uk/s.a.collins/monkeyhang.html

I thought that Hartlepool Was Monkeyhangers!!!!!!!!!!!

However anybody interested can look up the link above to find out about the monkey hangers.

John.....

And I was merely being pedantic, I've tried to stop completely and I can't, but I am down to two a day.

Congratulations, your doing better than me. :o

John.

Congratulations, your doing better than me. :o

John.

You two have a lot in common..............you both stay in Soi Kola all night as well. Only difference is Thad makes it home on his own two feet. ( and he has a lot less further to fall)