Paula Radcliffe Wins New York City Marathon

Narachon

Paula Radcliffe has just won the Women's race of the ING New York City Marathon for Great Britain right now, beating out the Kenyan Susan Chepkemi by a few seconds, it was the closest finish in NYC marathon history..... Paula came in at 2 hours 23 seconds... I really felt for her after her complete shutdown and her dropping out of her run at the Olympics Marathon last summer, and I can only guess how cruel the English press were with her, and her fellow countrymen, the poor dear.

Well, I'm very happy for her - And I'm an American! :o

and I can only guess how cruel the English press were with her, and her fellow countrymen, the poor dear.

Well, I'm very happy for her - And I'm an American!  :o

Why do you assume that the tabloids were cruel Narachon?

She's the darling of the press. And the champion of the people.

She got a lot of deserved sympathy , the tabloids only really hammer the sport cheats (Marion Jones ?)and posers like David Beckham....he partially deserves it due to the bling bling lifestyle he chooses:lol:

Well done Paula!

No it was the Aussy press who laid into poor little Sally Robbins for being "A QUITTER" the greatest offense in Australia as far as I can work out; shag sheep, kill people - fine just don't stop halfway through!

(I made the last bit up).

Nah, well done Paula, good on ya!