My Dog Is Howling Like A Wolf

my wife reckons this month and next month is horny month for dogs, he's looking for a date! what do you think?

Yep, our GR does the same thing when there is a dog in heat in the neighborhood. Eerie sound.

Well, that's a quick conclusion and solution.

I would first try to find out the real cause of the howling.

What kind of breed is he? When, what times and where does he howls? Does he howl out of boredom or loneliness? Or does he howl primarily early morning when he needs to do his pee and poo? I have currently one husky in boarding who first woke up at dawn and let me know. As I thought that was way too early, he now has belated his howling till sevenish (my alarm clock for the moment). A while ago I had two huskies in boarding, and the owners asked me what to do about the howling and whining of one of them at 3 in the morning! Turned out that the dog had trained his owners very well as he first started at 6 and this slowly regressed to 3am. Thank goodness, the dogs didn't make a sound at the kennel. Bless them! :o

If one of the above is the cause then castration will not solve your problem.

Furthermore, the reproduction hormones have an important role in the growth. Early castration can do harm to the animal.

Nienke

I am surprised you haven't heard the ghosts theory steve. I believe that according to Thai legend, the dogs start to howl when a ghost comes near :o

Bangkok clearly has a massive ghost problem then...

Back to serious discussion.