Tractor Driving

catwho

Who [farangs] out there drives their own tractors, doing their own land,,,big or small farmers.and what is the normal rate for hiring a thai driver ,per day.

and is there any backlash from doing your own land?

As long as you give the locals work do they mind.

thanks

cat

Who [farangs] out there drives their own tractors, doing their own land,,,big or small farmers.and what is the normal rate for hiring a thai driver ,per day.

thanks

cat

I drive my own tractor on my own land and on roads nearby. I was once asked by the puyai ban if maybe I should hire a Thai. I told him since I was paying for the privilege to do it and it is not a commercial enterprise I didn't think anyone could consider it "work". He seemed to accept that, though he thinks I'm probably a little stupid.

I do - and I plant for other Thai farmers - if you have a good relarionship with the folk in your community you'll have no problems.

When it comes to working for others - let them approach you, don't approach them.

As for licenses/insurance and other formalities - the subject was deal't with a couple years back on the forum: they do exsist though few and far between are tractor drivers licensed or insured in reality - just make sure you don't hit a car (or god forebid a kid) on a public road.

I do - and I plant for other Thai farmers - if you have a good relarionship with the folk in your community you'll have no problems.

When it comes to working for others - let them approach you, don't approach them.

As for licenses/insurance and other formalities - the subject was deal't with a couple years back on the forum: they do exsist though few and far between are tractor drivers licensed or insured in reality - just make sure you don't hit a car (or god forebid a kid) on a public road.

Thanks boys...and MF when i do get the land i want i will be needing a tractor and parts,and after reading your posts on buying a tractor that pondslife started you and others have great knowlege.

i have 135 rai in mind and have made an offer 10,000 a rai,,,35 rai cleared and ready to plant,the rest has some eucalptus trees maybe 10 rai,with overgrown shrubs very thick,so it was hard to see how many[they looked a yr or so old and single so never been cut,]the land is in between 2 big hills on their slopes,needing a 4wd to get to it,great looking soil,and the thickist stems and follage,i have seen on any cassava,,,,on the neighbors land next to it,

so if i buy this land i would want a tractor strong enough to clear the land and work the land,,,title is OK for transfer to wifes name as is with the other land we have in the area,,absolute beautifull spot,great for a mountain bike retreat.

thanks again

cat

My wife's nephew is the official tractor driver when we can get him. He takes care of the equipment is quite skilled and does a good job. She has another nephew who is careless and neglects the equipment. I don't use him anymore and end up doing maybe 30 percent of the work myself.

Catwho, I would love to know where you can find 135 rai for ฿10,000 baht with any kind of title, even the lowest one, it seems very cheap to me. In my area right now there is no land for sale. One lady wanted to sell 12 rai with the lowest title for ฿500,000 but her son didn't want to. I keep reading about the bad economy in Thailand and all the land going up for sale, but I sure have not seen any signs of it in my area and live in the middle of nowhere in Isaan. Issangeorge

Catwho, I would love to know where you can find 135 rai for ฿10,000 baht with any kind of title, even the lowest one, it seems very cheap to me. In my area right now there is no land for sale. One lady wanted to sell 12 rai with the lowest title for ฿500,000 but her son didn't want to. I keep reading about the bad economy in Thailand and all the land going up for sale, but I sure have not seen any signs of it in my area and live in the middle of nowhere in Isaan. Issangeorge

where we are between pak chong and korat where there are many valleys between the hills that are shaped like the bow of a ship,

50ks away in pak chong the land [chonute] is 200,000 plus a rai because of the kao yai nat park area.and the bkk people love the resorts and the area as its only 2 hrs from bkk

we paid 17000 a rai for 10 rai with a dam on it and electiicty,the other 20 rai we paid 10000 a rai for off road farming land which is or at least was the norm for this area,now they want 12000 to 17000 a rai for farmland [off road], 12 months later

i am looking for land for farming only with tor bor har transferable title,chanute tilte in the area u pay 25000 a rai up.

soil; ithe area ranges from sandy to red and very red, as is the land i want to buy, i was trying not to buy 20 rai here and there,but one lot,the farther inlaw has now got back to us saying there in 80 and 100 rai lots [off rd ]for 10,000 to 12000 which he will look at for us,when they are looking for commision word soon spreads.

if i told u the excat local,i'd have to get 007 in,

i have thai friend who dose tractor work and he always asks if they want to sell and so on.

thanks

cat

thanks

cat

I do small ploughing jobs with my own tractor. A driver would charge about 4-500 baht per day. Chonburi.

We have a local tractor man with tractor who will do a days work for 700 bht including fuel, usually at a days notice, last time was 6weeks ago, cleared 3rai of brush and weeds, all roughland,, ploughed 2 ways, all for 700bht 2 beers and some baccy, oh yes, a miday meal, 30bht, that was inclusive of fuel ect,

Although 1 day i would like to have a small rotovator for the salad beds ect, i dont see the need [at his price ] to own a tractor,

To pay somebody to drive a tractor up to 500bht a day seems a bit mighty to me, but perhaps thats the difference between Chonburi and north west Issan?

Cheers, Lickey.

We have a local tractor man with tractor who will do a days work for 700 bht including fuel, usually at a days notice, last time was 6weeks ago, cleared 3rai of brush and weeds, all roughland,, ploughed 2 ways, all for 700bht 2 beers and some baccy, oh yes, a miday meal, 30bht, that was inclusive of fuel ect,

Although 1 day i would like to have a small rotovator for the salad beds ect, i dont see the need [at his price ] to own a tractor,

To pay somebody to drive a tractor up to 500bht a day seems a bit mighty to me, but perhaps thats the difference between Chonburi and north west Issan?

Cheers, Lickey.

That is cheap,lickey.

at those rates i would not buy one either,as you know they charge by the rai to plough [3 months ago 280 a rai] and needs to be done twice so if i buy more land it will be worth it to me in the long run.

cat