Will My Health Insurance Be Tax Deductable?

I have been told at work that if I buy health insurance here in Thailand it will be 100% tax deductible. Is this true? Can I also claim on health insurance for my wife and son against any tax payment?

Edited by garro

Garro,

As at Dec:2007

Life insurance premiums not exceeding THB 50,000 for yourself are tax deductible.

Life insurance premiums not exceeding THB 10,000 for your spouse are tax deductible if your spouse isn't earning income and you have been married throughout the year.

I recall there are some restrictions though, and it has to be with recognised insurers in Thailand, and for (10???) year policies.

Health insurance on your parents and parents-in-law up to THB 15,000 is also deductible. I don't think that extends to life insurance though, as the incentive to hire a moto cycle taxi driver to make your Thai in-laws disappear might become too hard to resist... :o

{BTW Something sticks in my mind that these amounts may have changed slightly around the time they increased the limits for LTF and RMF investments from 300k to 500k... :D , but would have to check on that}

Edited by AFKAFSinLOS