Father-in-law Taken To Hospital In Surin

aussiecollin

Hi ,

In a bit of a panic here right now....wife's away on a cruise ship with her girlfriend..un-contactable for a week! Just had a call from her niece...(English not good at all) asking to speak to her.." not here"...well, my wife's Dad is in hospital "very sick"...some hospital in Surin...

IF I can find out which hospital, is there any service that I can tap in to to find out how serious his sickness is??? or a way to get a phone number of Surin hospitals ( I suspect it is a private hospital).

Sorry guys, but I have seen the Visa fellas rally around worried farangs..and that's me..

Collin

Maybe someone with fluent thai skills or their thai partner could call the neice to get more info for collin? I would offer my husband to call but he is at work for the next 6 hrs so it will be too to call today as we are in UK!

Hope your fil gets better.

I found this website/page and hope it is useful: http://www.surinmap.com/health.html

Health and medical

Surin Hospital (โรงพยาบาลสุรินทร์)

68 Lak Muang Rd., Muang, Surin 32000

Sanom Hospital (โรงพยาบาลสนม)

110 Moo3, Sanom Sub-District, Sanom District, Surin 32160

Tel: 044-589025

www.sanomhospital.tht.in

Surin Ruam Pat1 Hospital (โรงพยาบาลรวมแพทย์ 1)

16/2-3 Moo 10, Nai Muang Sub-District, Muang, Surin 3200

Tel: 044-511523, 044-511796

Surin Ruam Pat 2 Hospital (โรงพยาบาลรวมแพทย์ 2)

16 Moo 3, Nok Muang Sub-District, Muang, Surin

Tel: 044-516108-10

If I had a name I could do something Colin, we get reqests like this a lot. Cheers.

Thanks martin, you are very kind...but I have already made contact with a friend in BKK who is helping out...

Where is the Prasath hospital?? Is it any good???

Doctor already check . No problem about his blood.

He is tired. His stomach is stiff. His lungs are not good.

Frequently Urine (10 times per night).

He can not stool about 2 weeks.

Name of the hospital is Prasath hospital. (http://www.prasathsp.com/index1.php)

Hospital for amphur ( subdivision of Province).

Hello Colin,

I think the hospital is in ampur Prasat - 30 to 35 kilometers south of Surin. As a general rule, the hospitals in the Surin City (chanwat) have better resources and more medical staff than the hospitals in the surrounding towns. Most of the ampur hospitals refer the more serious medical cases to hospitals in Surin. I hope your father in law is receiving the appropriate treatment and gets well soon.

nomad97

Edited by Nomad97

Hello Colin,

I think the hospital is in ampur Prasat - 30 to 35 kilometers south of Surin. As a general rule, the hospitals in the Surin City (chanwat) have better resources and more medical staff than the hospitals in the surrounding towns. Most of the ampur hospitals refer the more serious medical cases to hospitals in Surin. I hope your father in law is receiving the appropriate treatment and gets well soon.

nomad97

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the web site...but of course it's all in Thai. The location surprises me as I didn't think Parsat was big enough to have a hospital. The Family live about 40 Kilometers south of Prasat...

Again, thanks

Collin