Accuracy Of Posts

kiakaha

I would wish people would say "USA" instead of "America" (which is an entire hemisphere), whilst the Welsh and Irish may not wish to be called English.

It seems like an opportune moment to further me education. Americans then are Americans, but more specifically USAers?

And may I tip my hat at this juncture to that most esteemed American, Hugo Chavez?

You may also tip your hat to such Americans as Fidel Castro, the late Che Gueverra, Daniel Ortega (who once followed me in his Jeep), Inuits in Canada, and to all the Americans in Tierra del Fuego.

Maybe we'uns are USA'uns. In Mexico, we are estadounidenses. I miss Mexico, telling illegal Central Americans not to migrate to the USA.

Not to belabor (USAer spelling) the point, but it leaves me confused and dissatisfied, much like a diffused orgasm. I still don't know how them USAers would prefer to be known. Septics don't wash well I am told. Americans obviously is not focussed enough. USAers seem(s?) clumsy and inelegant (the tag, not necessarily the people). I assume I miss the obvious. Taking the advanced stage of brain-rot I have to contend with into consideration, that is most likely. Please help.

OK, I will edit this post. In all due respect to other replies I do not think that anyone from the USA likes to be referred to as a USAers, whatever the he_ll that means . A simple yank works fine with me! :o

Edited by mizzi39

Well now. I wouldn't call you retentive, that would be bordering on aliterate and, from your OP, entirely incorrect. The word you left out in your OP was "anal". I would definitely call you anal, in most senses of that words multifaceted wonder. You strike me as anal in both its biological and its metaphorical usage. I suggest you spend at least half an hour a day, for the next week or so, meditating upon the fact that you're not the only person in the world and that you have to accept the existence of others and the fact that they're not you, and then, once you've got to grips with that, meditate upon the fact that nobody gives a good god-dam_n what you think and that, by complaining about the utterly inconsequential, you come across as a whiny bitch. Once you realise this you'll become a much nicer person and won't seem nearly as pathetic as you do now.

Well now. I wouldn't call you retentive, that would be bordering on aliterate and, from your OP, entirely incorrect. The word you left out in your OP was "anal". I would definitely call you anal, in most senses of that words multifaceted wonder. You strike me as anal in both its biological and its metaphorical usage. I suggest you spend at least half an hour a day, for the next week or so, meditating upon the fact that you're not the only person in the world and that you have to accept the existence of others and the fact that they're not you, and then, once you've got to grips with that, meditate upon the fact that nobody gives a good god-dam_n what you think and that, by complaining about the utterly inconsequential, you come across as a whiny bitch. Once you realise this you'll become a much nicer person and won't seem nearly as pathetic as you do now.

Sounds like drbob, being a newer member of this forum, as his first post implied, needs to read the forum rules a tad better... :o

Sounds like drbob, being a newer member of this forum, as his first post implied, needs to read the forum rules a tad better... :o

Hi dingdong. I see you have something in the region of 200 posts and a deep desire to tell others what to do. My congratulations on your proctolabial abilities and all the best for the future.

When I write or read posts, I favor accuracy and precision.The following things irk me :

• Using the term "farang" incorrectly when the context of the thread clearly means "all foreigners"
  • Not knowing the difference in terminology betweeen a visa and a permit when discussing immigration matters
  • Debating a "spelling" or pronunciation of thai words using transliterated thai as opposed to using thai script

I will offer free re-education lessons for all forum students at 5 pm sharp :o

End of irk.

If only my irks were so minor and frivolous.

1. I don't use the term 'Farang' hardly ever as I am not Thai and don't consider all white people as being one group. Of course, I don't object to Thai people using this term, and if it makes another westerner happy... well then up to them.

2. Can't say that this particularly bothers me as if the people asking were already experts on the subject they wouldn't be asking advice - so I think that you are being a bit petty here.

3. I can read and write Thai to quite a high level. I avoid transliteration because it is confusing, but I know it helps people. On this forum, as far as I know, the rules forbid using Thai text outside the Thai language forum. There is an accepted form of transliteration provided by the Royal Thai Institute which is seen as the accepted form - of course this is not acceptable to some westerners who feel the need to invent their own transliteration and this is why we will often see 'falang', 'feleng' and 'fereng' - it can be confusing and this is why the Thai Institute only promotes one official transliteration system.

Garro, you don't have to continually reiterate how accomplished you are; we all know.

Who is we? Are you the spokesperson for something?

Sorry, I should have said we should all know by now.

I would wish people would say "USA" instead of "America" (which is an entire hemisphere), whilst the Welsh and Irish may not wish to be called English.

It seems like an opportune moment to further me education. Americans then are Americans, but more specifically USAers?

And may I tip my hat at this juncture to that most esteemed American, Hugo Chavez?

You may also tip your hat to such Americans as Fidel Castro, the late Che Gueverra, Daniel Ortega (who once followed me in his Jeep), Inuits in Canada, and to all the Americans in Tierra del Fuego.

Maybe we'uns are USA'uns. In Mexico, we are estadounidenses. I miss Mexico, telling illegal Central Americans not to migrate to the USA.

Hi PB, just my 2 bits here, I teach my Thai friends to

call "Americans" from the USA, Yanks, from the term Yankee. A little easier to say than USA'uns or USA'ers, I don't want them to confuse the USA with

" American" idiots like Chevez and Castro who sell out their countries to Communism and all the goodness that brings to their people.

What really irks is how many people in the world think the US is the UN. The confusion is easy to understand when the media screws up. " The Chiang Mai Mail" did it last week, Tuesday July 15, 2008

edition, page 14, Headline " US raises bid---" and the storyline is from the UN. Even the editors of English language newspapers here can't tell the difference. Don't get me going on the UN and that group of sycophants. As a true yank I want the USA out of the UN and the UN out of the USA. They are a useless waste of money. Elton John wrote a song about them " Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatter's, Anybody want them? Please take them. They want $2 Billion USD to upgrade their offices in New York City.

Your country can have them for free !! London, Paris, Berlin, Moscow, Dubai please take them. We need the prime property the UN building is now using we will sacrifice the honor of their presence.. Thanks from a grateful Yank, also known as an American. Sawadee Kup.

Not to belabor (USAer spelling) the point, but it leaves me confused and dissatisfied, much like a diffused orgasm. I still don't know how them USAers would prefer to be known. Septics don't wash well I am told. Americans obviously is not focussed enough. USAers seem(s?) clumsy and inelegant (the tag, not necessarily the people). I assume I miss the obvious. Taking the advanced stage of brain-rot I have to contend with into consideration, that is most likely. Please help.

Hey Buddy, how many diffused orgasms have you had ? It takes much more concentration on the task

at hand the older you get :o I, like you have advanced brain rot :D I guess thats why we keep comming back to TV to share our experience and know we are not alone. To answer your question please call us Yanks, as an "American" I am comfortable with that. Thanks :D

Would you care for a breathmint ?

Actually, I exaggerated when I said it bothers me that people think America is just one country. However, the adjective American best describes those of us who are from the USA. Besides, it was an example of excessive pedantry - and can we stop talking about rectums?

You may wish to review the Dixie-Yankee quiz over in the Teaching Forum. Many Southerners in the USA still resent being called Yankees. I have never found an American who was fond of being called a Seppo or septic.

Could we get back to irrelevancies? Do you realize that fertility is hereditary? If your mother and father never had children, chances are you won't, either.

Sweetpea,

That aint no irrelevancy. That's illogical.

If your mother and father never had children, chances are you won't, either.

Only source of being a living "you" would be if he/she was adopted. If mother & father did not have biological children then there is no way that "you" would exist (as a human). If adopted, then the ability to reproduce of the adoptee's adoptive father and mother would have no relevance.

Oh wait. Was that what you meant?

(See, I gave you an easy exit :o )

Actually, you start the joke by saying that if your parents had ten or twenty children, then the chances are that you could have lots of children, because fertility is hereditary. Then you continue, "On the other hand, if your parents never had any children...."

Education is kind of hereditary, too. My daughter is a teacher, so I followed in her footsteps. Likewise, insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids.